ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Approving new forum topics

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/08/21 09:02 PM Views: 286 Replies: 5
Monday, March 8, 2021 at 9:02 PM

I set up 3 Topics in our renamed Classmate Forums with the setting ON for admin approval of new Topics. One popped up and I ok'd it but I can't find a place to approve the others nor have I received an email asking me to approve it. I did check Gmail directly in case it had been spammed. How exactly am I supposed to be able to approve new Topics in the Forum? Do I look somewhere on the site and if so where or am I supposed to get an email.

If you can approve them from the back end, I'm cool with that. I have turned off setting requiring approval for new topics for now but of course that had no impact on the two I had already created.

Edited 03/08/21 9:03 PM
Monday, March 8, 2021 at 11:57 PM - Response #1

If you have the Moderate New Topics button checked "On", I think if you as an admin create a topic, then it does not need an approval. An admin approval would only be needed if a non-admin classmate creates a topic. This is only a guess.

Edited 03/09/21 11:13 AM
Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 3:29 PM - Response #2

I was logged in as admin when I added 2 but they still want approval but I can't find anyplace to do the approval. Even if someone else creates one - how is the admin notified and where do they approve the new forum?

Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 3:59 PM - Response #3

Could be bug? I don't recall having to approve my own topics.

Turn approval OFF and see it they show up. Or just add them again with setting to OFF. You can turn it ON again after you get it going.

Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 4:06 PM - Response #4

I found it! If you click on the date/time link the 1st post to the topic was done, it pops open the classmate profile who posted and the "Approve" button displays

Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 4:10 PM - Response #5

Evil or Very MadIdeaEvil or Very Mad

I don't ever remember doing that. Great that you found a relatively easy solution.

OTOH I may never have used Admin approval. Probably that's why I never saw it.

Edited 03/09/21 4:10 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.