ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

DEP compatible

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/22/09 03:04 PM Views: 1254 Replies: 5
Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 3:04 PM

I'm having a problem when I am uploading classmate yearbook photos. IE is shutting the website down, saying there is a "danger". Upon further investigation, I found that it is suggested I look for a DEP Compatible version of your site. Is there such a thing? Uploading these photos for a class of 600 is a big job..it's pretty frustrating to have the site shutting down after every 4 or 5!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 4:01 PM - Response #1

What is your browser and version number? Does this happen using any other browser? I had to Google DEP to see what it even is. Are you possibly using an older 64 bit operating system or something like that?

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 4:57 PM - Response #2

I'm running the brand new version 8 of IE. I have a two year old Dell computer with a 2 GHz processor, 2 GB of RAM and a 32 bit system. (Please don't tell me our 2 year old computer is outdated!) Smile

I'm self taught on the computer, so sometimes very basic tasks elude me. I've never tried any other browser. I did run into trouble on a social networking site when I had IE 7 ...thus my switch to IE8. They had suggested I ditch IE for Firefox. Until now, I really haven't had enough trouble to risk making the change, but this photo issue could definitely get me to reconsider!

If you need more information, please let me know.

Edited 04/22/09 6:08 PM
Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 7:57 PM - Response #3

Ruth Shepherd wrote:

I'm running the brand new version 8 of IE. I have a two year old Dell computer with a 2 GHz processor, 2 GB of RAM and a 32 bit system. (Please don't tell me our 2 year old computer is outdated!) Smile

I'm self taught on the computer, so sometimes very basic tasks elude me. I've never tried any other browser. I did run into trouble on a social networking site when I had IE 7 ...thus my switch to IE8. They had suggested I ditch IE for Firefox. Until now, I really haven't had enough trouble to risk making the change, but this photo issue could definitely get me to reconsider!

If you need more information, please let me know.

Ruth

Everyone I know that had IE8 has trouble with it. My cousin had to take it off his computer and go back to 7. It kept shutting his computer down on regular programs. He also had issues when he was on his MySpace pages. Just a thought go back to IE7 or use FF.

Dawn

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 8:14 PM - Response #4

Strange... I use IE8 on 4 different computers and have never had any trouble. I don't believe that alone would cause this. Nor has anyone in the history of Class Creator ever reported this issue. Guess that makes ya unique eh? Smile

Can you do me a favor and try the same thing with Firefox? I'm just curious if that will work fine. You're definitely having some strange browser and/or computer issue, and no it has nothing to do with your computer being outdated. Rather, I believe something in there is configured in a way I've never run across -- unfortunately that makes it difficult for me to give you advice on this issue. In any case, give it a whirl with another browser and please report back here if you're able to get this same error with the different browser (try Firefox).

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 8:20 PM - Response #5

Thanks Brad!! I'll give that a try!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.