ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Notify

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/28/12 11:41 AM Views: 1446 Replies: 10
Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 11:41 AM

We are having a little, little issue with the notify. I recently went from sending emails for IM notices to letting everyone set up their Notify. I have had a number of complaints that people did not receive notice of some recently IM. I was not sure of what the problem was but figured they did not set themselves up. I finally figured it out and I was right some Members did not "select" all for the entire database. They selected "select all' for their year but did not select second "select all" for the rest. Nor did they venture down further on page to see they only select their year and not all. I guess for an easy fix is it possible to change the name of the first "select all" to something like "select class year"? I think ideally that that whole page sort of needs to be redesigned but that may end up at bottom of list. Since today is Wednesday I do not expect this will be done by Wednesday.
Thanks for listening.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 3:19 PM - Response #1

This will be done by Wednesday. Some Wednesday, I'm sure. I just can't tell you which one. Wink

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 3:14 PM - Response #2

Is the Notify Me working? Several people have told me that they are not getting their notices -- I have no way of seeing how they have selected them or whether they are right or not. But I do have a dummy guest set up -- John Dortmunder. I use him to see how things look to other classmates, and I have set all of the Notify Me selections and he hasn't received any at all. Is this because he is a guest?
Jim

Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 4:24 PM - Response #3

Hi Jim,

Did you do an update on anything that would have triggered an notification?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM - Response #4

I'm not sure what kind of an up-date that would be but I usually try to stay up to date on most of my programs. But if others are having that same problem then it would not be on my computer anyway. At one time I was getting the notices but only for a very short time -- this has been several months ago. There was a thread that discussed this and there was one comment that administrators wouldn't get them anyway since we always know what we put on the site or change. But I responded that I was getting them. But not anymore.
Jim

Monday, December 17, 2012 at 1:08 PM - Response #5

I had no trouble receiving message generated by the website, but when I used a gmail account the messages were marked as spam, which means that they were sent to my spam folder. If classmates use a POP email client like Outlook or Thunderbird to get their email, they may not see messages that are routed to the spam or junk folder rather than the inbox. Users will have to set filters to prevent messages from the website being routed to spam. For gmail, instructions can be found here: http://classcreator.com/LocGraphics/gmail_whitelist.png

Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 9:52 AM - Response #6

As an administrator am I supposed to be getting the notifications?
Jim

Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 10:23 AM - Response #7

You should be getting any notifications indicated in your Notify Me settings, in addition to the admin notifications checked off on your DETAILS page under Manage Classmates.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 2:46 PM - Response #8

I'm not getting them, my co-administrator is not getting them, my dummy guest is not getting them and at least one other classmate that I have contacted is not getting them.

I would really like to get this resolved.

Thanks,
Jim

Friday, December 21, 2012 at 10:24 AM - Response #9

Jim, please visit http://www.classcreator.com/contact.cfm and send us the names of some of the classmates having this problem.

Friday, December 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM - Response #10

Just sent it -- Thanks.
Jim

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.