ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Two picture gallery questions

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/30/22 11:17 AM Views: 341 Replies: 6
Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 11:17 AM

I have created a reunion gallery and I've got two puzzling issues. First, I've created the gallery in Gallery Creator. It shows up in the stack of galleries, but the header is missing the 'embed' symbol unlike every other gallery header in the stack. I want the reunion gallery to show on the home page. How do I get it there without the 'embed' routine?

Second - I'm having trouble uploading photos into the same gallery. When I select photos from my MAC photo library I get an error bubble "no files selected." But when I select photos from any other directory. on the MAC they upload with no problem. Is there a trick to working with the MAC photo library?

Thanks!

Sunday, May 1, 2022 at 5:29 PM - Response #1

Preview, Download and Embed do not appear as links until there is as least one photo uploaded.

Are you uploading. .jpg, .png or .gif files? The system can only see files containing those image file extensions.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 5:20 PM - Response #2

Thanks Jessica, this is a bit tricky. The latest generations of iPhones are now using a .heif file format, a step up from .jpg. Is there any chance class creator will accommodate the new format? It's a steep learning curve to get classmates to upload photos from their iPhones and ask them to translate those photos from .heif to .jpg.

One more question: I've been visiting the website on my iPhone. It appears that I cannot upload photos directly from the iPhone into the class page, right?

Thanks for your help.

Scott Chaffin

Edited 05/26/22 6:26 PM
Friday, May 27, 2022 at 5:43 PM - Response #3

We will check into this further.

Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 1:37 PM - Response #4

For windows users - download this program to convert or view heif format images

Download HEIF viewer/converter from Microsoft Store

You can also download an extension for windows and pay 99 cents to see them in photo viewer (for what ever reason I did not have to do anything else - could be some other photo app already installed that for me).

Extension for Windows to see in native photo app

Lots of other information on last link

Edited 05/28/22 1:57 PM
Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 1:45 PM - Response #5

And here a sample file you can use to test if you installed the Microsoft extension correctly.

Sample HEIF files

Edited 05/28/22 1:46 PM
Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 2:33 PM - Response #6

So far can't get any browser to display an HEIF file as "img". iPhone users apparently can select to save in "jpg" vs heif. Sorta odd since not even Safari displays them? I can't test with safari, so those who have that download the sample1.heif and see if you can view in a safari browser.

Apparently there is also a licensing fee for commercial use. Sorta vague there. But if that's true, don't expect it to become widespread until they drop the "fee". '.heic' is a variation on the format.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Efficiency_Image_File_Format

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.