ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Remove a Survey Response

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/30/09 08:42 PM Views: 1339 Replies: 6
Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Brad,
We were testing our 1st Planning Survey link and answered the first question to see how it would appear. Now, when we're ready to post it, the answer is included and we can't edit it out. How do we remove a sample answer to a survey question?

Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 9:00 PM - Response #1

Once a Classmate has submitted a survey, it cannot be unsubmitted. The ansers can be changed easily though, so just go back into the live survey and change the answers to whatever you want. You've got the survey results visibility set so only Administrators can see your survey responses, so no Classmates are going to be able to see your answers to this first one whether you change the answers or not. In fact they would have no way of knowing that anybody has even submitted the survey yet.

Monday, August 3, 2009 at 7:48 AM - Response #2

Brad,
Everything you suggested worked except our Yes No button. I erased all the written content, I unchecked the choice among 4 options but when I tried to uncheck the Yes button it would not clear the selection. It still appeared as a Yes selection. I know my classmates can't see it but it is annoying to see it there and I assume it will appear as a statistic in the final analysis which will skew the resutls. Can I remove that Yes selection?

Monday, August 3, 2009 at 10:04 AM - Response #3

No, because a Yes or No answer can only be Yes or No. It can't be nothing. What I will do though is see if Kevin can add an option to allow the deletion of a survey response. He's a little backlogged but I will slip this question in, hang tight.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 6:09 PM - Response #4

Was this ever resolved?

I have a classmate that made a response in a questionnaire in error that other classmates can see. She said the reunion's professional photographer's pictures weren't as good as she'd hoped and was changing her order. She made that statement not realizing the images on the web were much poorer than hardcopies that would be mailed out.

Would like to remove that comment as it was made in error and could affect the livelihood of the photographer. Any way I can do that?

Jim

Friday, September 23, 2011 at 11:39 AM - Response #5

Hi Jim,

As admin, you cannot change the classmate's survey responses, but the classmate CAN go back in and change her responses herself. Apparently, Kevin is still backlogged, but I'll have to look into that.

Friday, September 23, 2011 at 6:07 PM - Response #6

I just discovered I can change a classmate's response. I went into the survey and clicked on "View Survey Results". Next to the bottom of that screen is a hyperlink titled "Show/Hide Members who have responded to survey". I clicked on that and a list of all the survey respondents appeared with hyperlinks "View" and "Edit" next to each of their names. When I clicked on the "Edit" hyperlink next to a person's name I saw their survey, ready to be changed (e.g., active text boxes) and saved.

Jim

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.