ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Single photo for multiple classmates

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/08/12 09:58 AM Views: 1678 Replies: 11
Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I am in the process of uploading yearbook photos for everyone in the class. Of course there are those who did not have a picture in the yearbook and I would like to upload a mascot graphic for each one instead. The question is, do I have to upload it time and again, once for each student, or is there a way not to load the system with repeated iterations of the same jpg, and use the same stored photo for each one?

Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM - Response #1

You have to upload it each time or use the default NO PHOTO image.

Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 11:17 AM - Response #2

I was able to find pictures "other" than their graduation in our previous yearbooks. With the help of a "Flatbed" scanner I was able to scan and crop their images and used them.

Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM - Response #3

Kyle, perhaps at some later date you could let us designate our own default "No Photo" image? For the wishlist...

Edited 12/08/12 11:28 AM
Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 11:39 AM - Response #4

Kyle, where do I find the default NO PHOTO image?
Bob, junior and sophomore photos are a good idea, thanks.
I add my vote to Mary's wish-list suggestion.

Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 12:10 PM - Response #5

default image: http://www.classcreator.com/graphics/nophoto.gif

You will only see it when you look at the Classmate Profiles page and select the SHOW YEARBOOK PHOTOS button. It won't display on the classmate's profile when someone clicks on their profile. It will just be blank where the photo should be if you haven't uploaded one.

The SHOW YEARBOOK PHOTOS option can be turned off for non-logged in snoopers on the Edit Site Pages, Edit Classmate Profiles page and the "    Allow only logged-in Classmates to view Yearbook Photos.".

If you haven't uploaded any yearbook photos yet, you don't see the "SHOW YEARBOOK PHOTOS" button on the Classmate Profiles page.

Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM - Response #6

Doing an individual icon for each of the missing classmate picture is very long and time consuming. However, it is the only process that works. When I did ours the thought was to add their initials to the icon. It took too much time. But in the memory section to those who we've lost if a photo was missing I did add their initials to the icon for a more personal touch.
Paul

Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM - Response #7
Life Member.jpg

We wanted a special designation for our Life members, 180 alumni who donated $500 or more to our Alumni Association. I created a generic graphic with our logo and "Life Member" and border which I add to every Lifer who doesn't have a yearbook photo, picking the same image to upload each time. If they had a yearbook photo I replaced the school logo with their picture within the same special framed "Life Member" graphic and uploaded that instead. Once it was uploaded, I deleted that custom image off my hard drive.

Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM - Response #8

P.S. We don't get dunned for the storage space for yearbook photos, so having multiples of the same "No Photo" or other generic school picture we use doesn't count against us, though it must take up a little extra on CC's server to have these duplicates.

Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 4:39 PM - Response #9

Thank you all.

Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM - Response #10

Mary, I LIKE the Life Member designation and better... how you frame a Life Member's photo in it! Fantastic! Very Happy

Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 2:08 AM - Response #11

Mary, I love what you did with the obits. I noticed the copyright indication and I'm wondering -- did you actually get permission from the newspapers, or are you just hoping that's enough (or is it actually, legally enough)?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.