ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

1977 History/Videos error

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/11/11 12:43 PM Views: 1639 Replies: 4
Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Since it doesn't seem like I can make changes to my 1977 History/Videos page (or can I?), can someone fix the line that says "Jimmy Carter Elected President of United States" (Carter was elected in 1976 and was sworn in in January 1977). As the site admin I don't want anyone thinking I made this basic mistake! I suggest simply changing it to "Jimmy Carter sworn in as President of the United States". Note: the error is in two places on the pages -- first, in the summary section at the top; second, in the list of events. Thanks.

Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 2:34 PM - Response #1

Just copy the html and put it on your own page. Here's an example of your year HERE with changes.

You can also add anything else you like.

Go into source mode on the sample page and copy everything from "content start" (skip the first line with is test7) and to "content end". Then paste that into your page.

The easiest way is to use one of your "custom pages". However, the most flexible way (until CC3 comes along) is to create pages is to use the Gallery feature.

Don't put anything in the first "main" gallery that creates the link name and create a new gallery within the main gallery. The sample is in "test7" of a gallery I use for testing. It's not active so no link shows.

Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 3:36 PM - Response #2

Jack, thanks for the suggestion. I would hope the 'template' version will be fixed so that others from 1977 don't have to worry about it. That said, I just may do the custom page as you suggest (created my site in the past week and haven't messed around just yet with the gallery feature). Some of the stuff on the template page is not particularly exciting... I mean, is "Opium Perfume introduced" a really important event in 1977, lol.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Cheers.

Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 5:06 PM - Response #3

Yes, the People History stuff is loaded with errors of all sorts and odd statements. It was the main reason we created our own 1961 history.

Ours is currently pw because some didn't want others to copy. Maybe one day others can see what we did. It's about 4 pages containing only and exactly what we wanted. Had a lot of fun creating it.

This Day (from same source) has similar mistakes and again for that reason we don't use the stock reference as a resource. We used the Library of Congress for that. A bit more accurate in all respects.Wink

Monday, December 12, 2011 at 12:46 PM - Response #4

Unfortunately, while we do have the ability to modify the videos on that page, the other content is pulled from a 3rd party site. We apologize for the occasional errors, but they are out of our control.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.