ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

In Memory Question

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/20/15 09:14 PM Views: 813 Replies: 2
Monday, July 20, 2015 at 9:14 PM

Sadly, we lost a classmate last week in a fatal accident. I've been copied via email that two members have posted "In Memory" notices but when I go to the site, there's no posting.

It's been awhile since I've been into our site and I'm wondering if there's a message I need to approve in order for it to be posted? I'm not seeing this. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Laurel Ingram
Admin for Glenbard West High School Class 1972

Monday, July 20, 2015 at 10:45 PM - Response #1

First, have you moved this classmate to In Memory yet? I don't see any option where you'd need to verify an In Memory posted message.

If not, people may have posted messages or comments in the deceased member's profile. Or even in the Message Forum, or in a User Forum where you can set verification.

Check the site to see where they may have posted their messages. We had one who was moved to In Memory and someone still - for some reason - displayed the profile from the In Memory page and posted a comment under one of the existing profile comments.

Edited 07/20/15 10:53 PM
Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 8:49 AM - Response #2

The email you received is the "In Memory CONTACT US" form. It gives details about a deceased classmate, but does not add them to the IN MEMORY page. The admin is supposed to review the information and if it is verifiable, they should then use that information and add the classmate to the In Memory page. To add the classmate, go to Edit Site Pages, Edit Page for IN MEMORY, scroll down the page to the section where you select the deceased classmate from the drop-down list and then click the ADD DECEASED CLASSMATE button. Then EDIT the classmate information to change the obituary information to include the information you received in the email.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.