ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Profile Updates on shared e-mail addresses

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/12/09 08:29 PM Views: 1233 Replies: 2
Monday, January 12, 2009 at 8:29 PM

We have several sets of classmates with shared e-mail addresses. They know they need different passwords, however, if one checks the "Remember Me", it could lead the other to think they are signing in to their page.

Today, in trying to figure out what one couple had done (at one point, they'd gotten sufficiently confused and I assigned them temporary passwords), and was about to suggest to them they ALWAYS double check the name at the top of the Profile Page before making any changes, when, to my surprise, there is no name there, no way to identify who's profile it is. I had written down their respective database id numbers (513163 & 513267) thinking that might be part of the URL. Nope!

Suggestion for somewhere down the list: Show the classmates name at the top of the "Edit Profile" page!

Thx.
.ps Could you please take a look "behind the scenes" to see if anything is amiss in their records?

Edited 01/12/09 8:30 PM
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 12:48 AM - Response #1

Hi Ruth,

Every time you log into the system it greets you with Logged in: name. If they are logging out and logging back for each other it should always say the name when they first log back in. Their name is also listed on the home page if they want to click that to verify which login they are currently using.

Edited 01/14/09 1:06 AM
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 11:46 AM - Response #2

Thanks for the tip!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.