ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

facebook

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/11/14 08:53 PM Views: 1151 Replies: 17
Monday, August 11, 2014 at 8:53 PM

What happens to my original page for facebook if I use the CC facebook page?

Monday, August 11, 2014 at 9:02 PM - Response #1

Nothing. Your Facebook page will remain the same and your classmates will have a new ClassConnection app that they can run from inside of Facebook.

Monday, August 11, 2014 at 9:22 PM - Response #2

Hi Ray,

"Original Facebook page"... do you mean your news feed or timeline? As Kyle said, nothing will happen. After the Class Connection app is accepted, it should place the Class Connection logo to the left of your page (or you can add it to favorites). You can look at your site through the app, switch back to your news feed by clicking on HOME in the upper right or click on your name in the upper right to view your timeline.

If you had this already, it is good for the next person who reads this thread.

Good to read you are heading to Class Connection.

Ray Guim wrote:

What happens to my original page for facebook if I use the CC facebook page?

Monday, August 11, 2014 at 9:36 PM - Response #3

Should I do anything with my old page? That is with pictures, links etc?

Monday, August 11, 2014 at 9:43 PM - Response #4

When you say 'old page', what are you talking about, Ray?

Monday, August 11, 2014 at 10:21 PM - Response #5

We aren't seeing our Class Connection page from our site either.

Was there a memo that went out on a change for this?

Thanks, Nancee

Monday, August 11, 2014 at 10:30 PM - Response #6

Nancee,
Are you looking for the Class Connection links on your site?
The only way to use Class Connection is after connecting it to your Facebook profile, you enter it from Facebook.

Monday, August 11, 2014 at 11:14 PM - Response #7

Thanks, I don't think any of our classmates understand this, and I sure didn't.

Is there something that can be sent out telling them how to use Class Connection and how to connect it to their FB profile, and where they then find it on their FB page?

Appreciate the head's up. thanks, N

Monday, August 11, 2014 at 11:26 PM - Response #8

It was emailed to all of us. I'll forward you a copy via email.

Monday, August 11, 2014 at 11:27 PM - Response #9

You should understand it and use it yourself before making the link active.

Monday, August 11, 2014 at 11:35 PM - Response #10

Wait, Nancee. I am sure we discussed this in the spring and you have the emails. There are 11 emails with a video and an email with a letter you can copy/paste to share with your classmates. Did you view the videos?

I am not going to suggest you view the videos now as some will not pertain to your class and joining works best from the site.

I am going to ask Brad for a link to what you need.

Monday, August 11, 2014 at 11:44 PM - Response #11

No reason to make this hard. Simply do this:

1) Click your Preferences link and enable the Class Connection app
2) Tell your classmates they can access Class Connection by clicking the new "Class Connection" link under your Member Functions heading.

That's all there is to it. Note if classmates wish they can also access the app any time at the direct app link: http://apps.facebook.com/classconnection.

For the most part the app works just like your web site. It's primarily just another place where classmates can participate with your class. Give it a whirl.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 5:54 PM - Response #12

Thanks for the replies.

Brad we have already done what you said. What I am looking for are some instructions to give the class so they can make better use of the Connection.

When this first came out, we did get the video's etc., but all we did at the time was turn it on. The hints when I hover over my name in the Connection view were not implemented, and I can't get them back after clicking 'done with this' or whatever.

The instructions for 'like' etc, those I can't find. I just basically feel as if we are underusing this feature and I want to solve that espec as our 50th looms ahead.

thanks, n

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 6:02 PM - Response #13

Nancee, This is the text Brad shared via email. PLEASE input your class site where necessary! (I edited the intro line as I put this on my alumni site FB page to help members.)
------ copy/paste starts below -------

What is Class Connection?
You can now do all of the things you can do on our class web site from inside Facebook. It's called Class Connection, and you'll find it's very simple to join and use. Follow these 3 quick steps to get connected:

Click the "Class Connection" link (as shown below) in the upper right of the site or under Member Functions.
On the Class Connection Join Screen click the blue "Join Class" button and accept the app permissions.

That's it - you're Facebook connected!

There are some exciting new features available here such as the ability to send your Notify Me notices to the Facebook notification globe. You can use the Easy Invite tool to help us find missing classmates and invite them to join our class. Class Connection also provides a Visit Another Class feature that allows you to browse around other classes.

Here's a few important things you should know:

Everything you do on Class Connection is mirrored on our class web site. Everything you do on our class web site is mirrored on Class Connection. I.E. they work as one. Class Connection is just a convenient method of participating with our class from the Facebook environment.
Class Connection is 100% as private and secure as our class web site. No personal/private data whatsoever is shared with Facebook. The Class Connection developers made an overview video about the topic of privacy here: http://youtu.be/_eHf7tWS8sE
Your Profile privacy settings are honored on Class Connection. Only the people who you're already permitted to view your Profile are the same people who can view your Profile using Class Connection. Click Edit Profile if you wish to review these settings.

TIP: For quick access to Class Connection add to Facebook Favorites. See example here: http://www.classconnection.com/assets/images/favorites.jpg

I hope you enjoy this new Facebook connection for our class!

Edited 08/12/14 6:04 PM
Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 6:05 PM - Response #14

Those videos were for Admins only. Most would not be helpful to classmates.

On Class Connection are you saying you can't get back to your "Next Steps" list? Did you possibly close them out? If you do that they're really gone. Most wouldn't be that helpful to you anyway. As a Class Creator long time admin you already know or have done all of the things those Next Steps were suggesting. Those are primarily for new admins who would not yet be familiar with the system.

Let me say this again because I think this point is critical: Class Connection is just another place to participate with your class. Essentially it's just Class Creator running on Facebook. All of the functions are the same. You simply need to tell your classmates that they can click the "Class Connection" link under Member Functions to gain access to the Facebook app. Then, for those classmates who wish to do so, they can participate with your class directly from Facebook.

Yes, there's a few extras on Facebook, such as being able to route your Notify Me notices to your Facebook globe. But each classmate sets these options individually, and all of this is part of their own "Next Steps" list after they join the app. i.e. after joining the app all of the instructions and Next Steps items are already there for your classmates. You really don't need to provide much in advance other than explaining what the app is like I did above, and asking your classmate who wish to do this from Facebook to join. Once your classmates join there is no reason at all that participating with your class from Facebook would be any more difficult than it is participating from your web site. Again all of the info is there for your classmates after they join.

Edited 08/12/14 8:44 PM
Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 8:24 PM - Response #15

I fired the Facebook app up! I will let you know what happens.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 8:41 PM - Response #16

Awesomeness.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 9:10 PM - Response #17

You go, Ray! Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.