ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Building Blocks

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/28/11 01:13 AM Views: 1112 Replies: 3
Monday, March 28, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Just sharing what came to my Inbox today...

TEN THINGS WE SAW IN JAPAN

The CALM: Not a single visual of chest-beating or wild grief. Sorrow itself has been elevated.

The DIGNITY: Disciplined queues for water and groceries. Not a rough word or a crude gesture.

The ABILITY: The incredible architects, for instance. Buildings swayed but didn’t fall.

The GRACE: People bought only what they needed for the present, so everybody could get something

The ORDER: No looting in shops. No honking and no overtaking on the roads. Just understanding.

The SACRIFICE: Fifty workers stayed back to pump sea water in the Nuclear reactors. How will they ever be paid?

The TENDERNESS: Restaurants cut prices. An unguarded ATM is left alone. The strong cared for the weak.

The TRAINING: The old and the children, everyone knew exactly what to do. And they did just that.

The MEDIA: They showed magnificent restraint in their bulletins. No silly reporting. Only calm reportage.

The CONSCIENCE: When the power went off in a store, people put things back on the shelves and left quietly.

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 1:26 AM - Response #1

Thanks for sharing that, Thelma.

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 10:05 AM - Response #2

Thelma,
For the first time in my life I'm Speechless. What wonderful people! They have my Respect!

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 10:12 PM - Response #3

How wonderful and so different to New Orleans following Katrina!!! Thanks, Thelma, for sharing this.

Edited 03/28/11 10:17 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.