ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Mapping of Countries

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/13/10 12:34 PM Views: 1221 Replies: 3
Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Hi Brad,
I was pleasantly surprised to see the reason why one classmate didn't get plotted was because I entered her city/zip code for her. For one because she requested me. She doesn't have a PC at home and gets her email when she visits or when she goes to the library. I copied this to better explain:

An original address for this Classmate was initially entered by an Administrator. When this Classmate joined the site the Classmate elected to remove address information. We plot Classmates using information provided by Classmates only. Although you still see the original address you had entered for this Classmate when viewing this Classmate's Details screen, the Classmate sees blanks due to having removed the address information. If you would like this Classmate to appear on the map, please contact the Classmate and ask him or her to edit their Contact Info page and provide complete street address information.

I thought of bringing this up for the benefit of other admins who like me didn't know . It shows the purity and integrity of the Class Creator system. ExclamationExclamationExclamation

Edited 07/13/10 12:37 PM
Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 1:15 PM - Response #1

Yep, I saw that too, as I have 1 classmate that did the same thing by removing her address and zip.

She is one that really does not want her whereabouts known, joined very recently mostly to look, then disappeared again.Sad

This is a good protection for those that think to do such. Electing to not show information on Profile, still allows map to plot them, unless they do as mentioned.

I plan to honor her request, and not bother her about it, as she has been pretty reclusive for years. If I see her at the Reunion in September, I will talk to her about it, but I don't expect she will come to Reunion as she never has. Crying or Very sad

Edited 07/13/10 1:33 PM
Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 1:38 PM - Response #2

Derrell Pulis wrote:

She is one that really does not want her whereabouts known, joined very recently mostly to look, then disappeared again.Sad

I plan to honor her request, and not bother her about it, as she has been pretty reclusive for years.

Derrell,

I'm glad you feel this way, cause up until about three years ago, I myself was that way. Although I never even thought about looking for a class or school website. So, maybe your classmate may come around one of these days.

I have a classmate (don't know or remember him) who spent time in Juvenile Detention, went to Vietnam, came out a War Hero and has made a name for himself, yet who probably for good reasons has no plans to attend any reunion. We have been communicating on a regular basis, as his only purpose for joining our site is to look for fellow Veterans--which is quite OK with me.Wink

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 1:53 PM - Response #3

That's very nice John. I too wish I could get her to become more out....

Many of us have done things in our youth, like your classmate, but turned out to be Great People!

We also have one classmate that attended our last reunion like 20 years ago. He talked to everyone he could find to "apologize" for bullying them during High School. He was in trouble all the time, and spent some time in detention also. It was very touching that it was so important for him to apologize to everyone. He went on to be a successful citizen, a guard at a State Pententiary. Unfortunately, now he is on our In Memory list, and I can't find more about him. I know he is in peace though.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.