ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Additional Classmates .csv File

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/23/08 09:51 PM Views: 1240 Replies: 1
Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 9:51 PM

We're just satnding up a multi-year site, KHS68-69.com, and we uploaded all of the 69 class and some 163 names from the 68 class. (We had this data from an Access database from five years ago.) Now the 68 class has gotten so excited, they asked for a separate Excel version of what I had in Access (the 163 names) and have added soem 350 more names to it. I was just about to uplaod them and thought that I'd better add the Graduating Year column at the end and then populate it. And then I asked myself if I needed to delete the 163 names in the original version that I gave them . . . and I didn't know the answer. Should a secondary .cvs upload only contain new data? If it contains the full set of names will the system add duplicate records?

Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 11:06 PM - Response #1

No. Any records already in the system will be ignored. We do that in case a Classmate has already added Profile information. You wouldn't want to zap their work they've done in there. Once a a Classmate record is in the system, you have to edit that record manually inside the system for now on. You cannot batch import the record again.

The only exception to this is if you reset your Class List, in which during the process you can remove only select Classmate names. If you remove somebody from the system completely in this fashion, then you could in fact upload the Classmate again using the batch import feature.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.