ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Request to reset classmate password

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/16/08 11:31 AM Views: 1889 Replies: 10
Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 11:31 AM

A received a request to reset a classmates password, as they are unable to make their current one work. Am I able to do this?

thanks....

Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 11:37 AM - Response #1

Yes, you can. Just go to edit classmates and click on their name. Click on details, delete their password, create a new one then send it to them. They can use that password to log on and create a new password of their own choosing. Good luck. Tam

Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 12:04 PM - Response #2

I had this very request last night. Thanks for the info.

Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 10:43 PM - Response #3

If the "temporary" password is sent via e-mail, is it visable to someone who might be "lurking"?

Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 10:55 PM - Response #4

I had to do this for one of my classmates and am not aware of any further problems she had. If the person in question is local to you and if you are more comfortable then give the new password to the person by phone or in person. I'm not sure how someone would "lurk" as you put it. Good luck.

Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 11:00 PM - Response #5

Ruth Alice Flinn wrote:

If the "temporary" password is sent via e-mail, is it visable to someone who might be "lurking"?

I'm not sure what lurking means either, but, no.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 12:02 AM - Response #6

In my mind "lurking" means someone that is capturing 'stuff' that is traveling across the "waves" that isn't secure!

Yes, on a "message board", it means someone who is reading all the messages but not providing any input so I adopted the word to mean folks who are tracking messages sent from a particular IP address.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 1:48 AM - Response #7

Oh ok. Well, email is not the most secure medium on the planet. So while incredibly unlikely, technically somebody with enough know-how could "lurk" and intercept an email. I can't imagine many hackers would spend their time trying to break into your class web site though -- but then I got out of looking into my crystal ball and trying to predict what people might do a long time ago. If somebody wants to be even more secure, there's always the phone. Although then I suppose there could be telephone lurkers out there -- like the government, who can tap phones legally now without anyone's knowledge.

Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 3:34 PM - Response #8

We have a classmate who does not have a computer. Her sister has a computer and receives our emails from our site and passes them along. We put our classmate's basic information in the system and put in her sister's email address. Now our classmate is trying to sign on to our site but cannot because she was never signed with a password. How can I get her on our site? How can I get her off of our site so she can sign in as new? Do I need to remove the email address? I am baffled. Thanks for your help.

Harriet Frazier
hardingramsclassof62.com

Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 4:13 PM - Response #9

If she has never joined - even though she has an admin entered password, all she should have to do is click on Join on the home page - except your home page is restricted and the Restricted page does not offer a Join option. And if you temporarily unrestrict the home page, she'll need to be able to see either an unrestricted class list or the missing list (which is configured to show all those who have not yet joined) so she can click on her name to join.

Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 6:02 PM - Response #10

What a simple fix. Thank you so very much.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.