ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Meeting Planning

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/15/14 03:25 PM Views: 774 Replies: 4
Monday, September 15, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Wonder if there is a feature that would help with planning committee meetings.

We sent out a questionnaire, with one question asking who would like to be involved in planning.
Unfortunately, there is no way to mass email those that responded with one specific answer (those who would like to be included). So, I built an email distribution list.

Now I am wondering if there is a way to get RSVPs to the meetings. Since they cannot respond/rsvp to emails announcing the next meeting, when the email is generated through the website, is there another feature that could be used for this.

I tried to create a survey that would be sent to only those that wanted to be part of the committee, but that also does not seem to be possible.

Thank you

Monday, September 15, 2014 at 4:49 PM - Response #1

You may consider using the reunion planner. Each meeting that's going to be held could be an event for which registration would serve the purpose of an RSVP.

Another and perhaps easier way is to use a survey. You can create a survey with the question "I will be attending the such and such meeting" and having a yes or no answer. Make it active, copy the URL and then make it inactive. The reason for making the survey inactive is so that no one will even know it exists except those to whom you send the URL.

You already have an e-mail list of committee members set up so create a message to be sent to that group announcing the meeting, provide the link to the survey and ask them to respond to it.

Edited 09/16/14 1:12 AM
Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 12:29 AM - Response #2

I agree with the survey as suggested by FC. Cool

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 11:31 AM - Response #3

The survey suggestion worked great. Couldn't use the reunion planner because I didn't see a way to send the message to only those that has responded yes.
Thank you very much for the suggestion!!

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 11:53 AM - Response #4

Glad the survey worked out for you.

After making the suggestion to use the reunion planner I found that it was not a very good solution as it had to be active in order to register. Hence it would be available to anyone who logged onto the site, not just your target audience.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.