ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Print In Memory section?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/01/10 12:09 AM Views: 1582 Replies: 9
Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Is there any way to print everything at once from the In Memory section; i.e. - pictures, words, everything on their page.

Our Reunion is in 3 1/2 weeks, and I was thinking about making a "In Memory" Book for classmates to thumb through.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 2:07 AM - Response #1

Short answer, no. This is something we'll be looking at more next year as people have requested various automated books, etc. Currently the only option is printing the page as is or running and of the reports and/or exports to get the information you need. People often do this and then merge that information as needed with other templates they've created.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 4:31 AM - Response #2

Derrell,
I have thought of making a similar post, for for these 'Help Forum' topics, i.e., printing, or at least saving the TEXT portion only.
I have opted for the click-drag-copy and pasting method to a Word Document for specific items I want to save, because my memory is about as long as , well, my little finger! Crying or Very sad

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 11:57 AM - Response #3

hope it wasn't illegal, we made our 50 year class reunion book from our class site, had a special section for In Memory.... we used classmates bios, I gave them a deadline to have stuff, pics etc and anything they wanted to change. Since I'm in over my head, my daughter converted the file, we sent to a printer and had a beautiful color book for our class reunion. She edited spelling,etc and we have a wonderful book everyone commented how great it was!!!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 12:13 PM - Response #4

Derrell Pulis wrote:

Is there any way to print everything at once from the In Memory section; i.e. - pictures, words, everything on their page.

I sent you an email through the Help Forum, Derrell.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 12:26 PM - Response #5

I did a copy/paste of "In Memory" into Word but it was pretty laborious. I, too, would like an automated feature to print or save-to-file so it can be edited. I'm looking for this for In Memory and for Profile/Contact info for Reunion books. And/or could we use a custom Survey form specific to a Reunion book submission vs Profiles, which they might feel the need to edit out things if it were going to be printed).

So Brad, is there an ETA on this print-anything capability? Our 50th reunion is 9/2011.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 1:24 PM - Response #6

While we're on this subject, some questions & feedback on the download of the Profile questions:

(1) I'm getting errors that I can't sort my question/answer Excel download because "This operations requires the merged cells be identically size." This was a one line per person Excel selection of my "Facebook name or page:" question. Some people have put in links, some have paragraph spacing, and in one case there's even a graphic link to their facebook page attached, though I don't know how they accomplished that! If I take those out, it sorts OK, but it was trial-and-error.

(2) On a multi-year, we used to have to pick which year on a Profile download. I would like the choice for getting all, just one class, selected classes, &/or maybe only those who answered. Similar to your emailing choices.

(3) I asked for one question but I'm always getting their email in addition to their name. Don't want their email unless I ask for it, and that's not coming out of the Profile anyway. Or is that so we could instantly email them straight off the list?

(4) One format has their CC ID, one doesn't. For my purposes I'd like to choose to have it or not because actually I want to merge these with a download of Contact info (Download Class List), which I do by mathing to their CC ID.

(4.1) The Contact info download "Download Class List" gives me all 22,000. My Profile Question export gave me a subset of only 1008, not the 3200 who have signed up. Yet many of those have no answer, so having data in that field is not the reason. How is it picking who to export & why? Or is this just an error and it's getting cut off maybe.

(5) With (4) in mind, I'd like the "Download Class List" to have selections for All, Class (single or selected multiple) or Signed-Up, which I now have to sort out & delete to whittle it down.

(6) Is it true at some point we'll get to have more on the Download Class List, like alternate email, etc? And choose which fields, including CC ID, of course?

(7) It would really help if on the Download Class List it gave the date a person was designated Deceased since it's neither their Last Update nor Last Login but still important to know as a change. You're giving us a date on any profile question change!

(7) Does the new date tag for entry/edit of a profile question get trigged for an admin edit or just a classmate edit, i.e. any change to the existing date or only if it gets posted to the Profile Updates list (a choice we admins have on editing classmate's data)?

(Cool Can we eventually get custom selects for emailing or any of these downloads, where we can pick, say, only those in Arizona or only some other data-driven combination of criteria? That might be hard for the uninitiated admins, though. At least on a download I can edit the list, but can't when emailing.

Just my thoughts....

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM - Response #7

I'm not sure I understand, but we printed everything we wanted from the In Memory, except for the music of course....

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 2:54 PM - Response #8

Mary Smith wrote:

So Brad, is there an ETA on this print-anything capability? Our 50th reunion is 9/2011.

I don't have an ETA yet, too early. I can tell you though that the way I see it is this is icing on the cake kind of stuff. There's significant core functionality we're working on currently and will be for some time before we can even consider putting together automated book features, etc. We'll get there, but I really have no idea how long it's going to take. It'll be quite awhile from now, that I do know.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 2:59 PM - Response #9

Excellent questions and suggestions Mary! I may not have fast answers on these but know that I've logged this internally and I will get back to you here when we're ready to address some of this.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.