ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Troubles with MS. Word -copy/paste & centering embedded video

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 11/26/13 07:16 AM Views: 1442 Replies: 17
Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Just recently I've encountered the same problem with cut/paste or copy/paste from MS. Word using either the 2007 and 2013 version. When attempting this with the mouse of keyboard commands nothing happens. If I type the message into the website directly I find the editing functions will not respond to Bold, underline, etc.
Also, experiencing problems with the handling embedded video and trying to get it to center on the page. Any suggestions. I am using IE 10. As per your past suggestion I switched to other browsers to do my editing and found the same problem.
Thanks for any help,
Paul

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM - Response #1

Might be related. I just updated to Windows 8.1 and IE 11 and cannot paste anything into a message to the class. I'm copying from Notepad.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM - Response #2

See this forum topic for how to do this in IE11 LINK

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM - Response #3
F12 in IE11.jpg

Setting document mode etc in IE10 using F12 was no problem. F12 in IE11 appears to be a different kettle of fish. See attached screen shot showing what F12 now brings up.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 2:09 PM - Response #4

You attached wrong image.

But yes, IE11 is quite different. That's what I described in the other post. You need to change 2 settings to get back to IE9 state. User Agent string is how programs determine what browser version is active, that's what is probably wrong with various CC parts. (All browsers output this type of string - IE11 now lets you control this.)

These programs are not checking this correctly. I posted a link several time to MS site describing how to do this. It's why compatibily mode works since it looks like IE7 to same CC code.

To put a bit of a criticism here, since IE is still a very popular browser, this should have had priority raised vs FB and other stuff.

The IE10 and now IE11 thing has come up countless times.

Thursday, November 28, 2013 at 4:10 PM - Response #5

Hi Paul, When you return to your site, I suggest you use Firefox or another browser such as Chrome for now. That will allow you to continue what you want to do on your site. Our team is aware of the IE compatibility and working on it.

Monday, December 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM - Response #6

Paul, FC and all,
Please try editing now. Our editor was updated this weekend.
Thanks!

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM - Response #7

The editor update appears to have taken care of the problems I was experiencing. Thanks.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM - Response #8

Yay! Thanks, FC!

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 5:42 PM - Response #9

FC, I think you can also turn off compatibility mode.Twisted Evil

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 6:24 PM - Response #10

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

FC, I think you can also turn off compatibility mode.Twisted Evil

I tried it earlier without compatability mode and the File Vault contents were not visible. Later tonight, when I can get back to my W8.1/IE11 machine, I'll try again.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 6:41 PM - Response #11

Worked when I tried itQuestion

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 1:15 PM - Response #12

Yup, compatibility mode no longer required to view File Vault contents. The new editor seems to have solved a lot, perhaps all, of the problems I encountered when going from WXP/IE8 to W8/IE10 and now W8.1/IE11.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM - Response #13

Let me just add.... WooHoo! Smile

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM - Response #14

I second all the "yea's"! Still so many IE users.
Thank you CC.
Joy!

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM - Response #15

Nothing to do with this topic, however, I just received this first post in my email. So from Nov 26 to just now Dec 5 is almost 10 days. Brad said that posts are always "approved" (and that I understand), but 10 days? It's common to have 5 day delays.Cool

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM - Response #16

We don't actually log the "approved" date (probably should) so I'm not sure if somebody just approved this post or not.

Note, while we do approve most posts for distribution to the forum email list subscribers, we don't approve all. Not because anything is wrong with the post itself, but rather we may determine it doesn't have enough wide interest to be applicable to most users, or in some cases the post may only apply to just the poser him or herself with no chance of the post having relevance to other readers. In those cases we don't want to clutter people's email boxes and we don't allow the post to go out via email. Thus you will find a post here from time to time that never goes out to the email list. Of course, the post is always live and active right here, and will be answered.

Also, sometimes a post that should be approved doesn't get approved because somebody here simply didn't check the approve box. We're supposed to for each post unless one of the above exclusions factor in, but, we're human. Smile If somebody didn't tick it the first time, somebody else may notice and tick it later, which is certainly possible what happened with this thread.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM - Response #17

It helped me, Brad. I didn't post anything because I was trying not to be dufless and work it out myself, thinking I was forgetting something. When I saw the 'new topic' I jumped on it and read.
It has been said, for every one written question one hunded fifty other are thinking about it.
Thank you, guys.
Barbara

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.