ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Unresponsive site for almost 24 hours

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/22/17 01:42 PM Views: 834 Replies: 6
Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 1:42 PM

Sent the following messages yesterday and still have an unresponsive site: thestreatorhighschool1958.com. Am writing from my other site because I can't pull up ANY page at all on the Streator site though I can pull up the site itself as long as I don't have to log in. Would sure appreciate any ideas on how to solve this.

Thanks,
Carole Mackey

Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 8:52 PM
This morning I sent the following note for help for thestreatorhighschool1958.com. I am still having trouble logging on and navigating within this site, but I've noticed some classmates have been able to log on. Seems strange.

Please, please take a look.

Thanks,
Carole Mackey

Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 6:40 AM
Last night and again this morning, it's been extremely difficult to log on and to navigate within my site (thestreatorhighschool1958.com). I've tried a different computer and 3 browsers, and all were incredibly slow to respond or didn't respond at all. This is not true for the other site I manage (FengerJune1958.com).

Please take a look.

Thanks,
Carole Mackey

Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 3:18 PM - Response #1

There is some sort of html mistake on the content of the page.

When I remove your content it all starts working.

I'll try to figure out what is causing the left side links (as a visitor) to not respond at all.

Edit: Not an ad site, but adblock is detecting something that looks like an ad. Making a little progress.

Edited 01/22/17 3:26 PM
Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 3:34 PM - Response #2

OK, I think this is the typo causing this. Where you have "Video Starts Here" it's missing the < div id="JVideoPlayer" >

Program is generating that element (so video still works), but because of the nature of the page, the "div" is too broad in scope and affecting the left side menus.

Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 4:15 PM - Response #3

Thanks so much, Jack.

How to I get into the page to reach the source to add what's missing?

Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 5:28 PM - Response #4

I think you mean that you can't get to the Edit Site Pages thus you can't edit the home page.

There are several ways to get there, the last being that CC modify the page for you.

Let's start with: Can you Log In OK?

If you can, enter the following and you'll get to that page

http://thestreatorhighschool1958.com/class_admin_pages_list.cfm

If not, it's a bit more detailed, so let's try that first.

Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 6:04 PM - Response #5

Got it!!!!!!

I used my other site to be sure I had all the code necessary. Everything works now. Thanks so very, very much. (Can you fix football games? My Packers are being creamed.)

Carole

Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 6:12 PM - Response #6

Watching the game right now. Looks bad Twisted Evil

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.