ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Possible booklet for posted material

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/10/09 10:22 AM Views: 1947 Replies: 7
Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at 10:22 AM

We have had some very interesting classmate posts on the website, and I find it a bit unfortunate that I (or anyone else signed in) must look at each individual class mate profile to read them. I think it would be wonderful if there was an automatic way that the posts could be added into something like a blog or a booklet and read that way. Is there anything out there that might do something like that?
I have thought of doing it myself in a blog format but that would obviously violate some of the privacy protections. But if it were within the site itself it would be protected.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at 12:03 PM - Response #1

We had always planned to create our own Memory Book feature. But then we found Mixbook.com. Rather than reinventing the wheel we're going to attempt to partner with this company and incorporate their technology into ours. In fact it's funny you should ask about this today -- we actually have a conference call with the CEO of Mixbook later this afternoon to discuss their new API and how our two systems can work as one.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at 5:03 PM - Response #2

Hi Brad,

I want to use Mixbook for my reunion yearbook, which we'll start building after Sept 19th. Are you likely to have an integration with them by then, or should I count on using Mixbook natively and pasting HTML code in?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at 6:56 PM - Response #3

Count on musing Mixbook natively for now. Mixbook just now completed their first API. In fact we may even be the very first people to use it. There's likely to be issues, and probably custom requests we'll end up making. How accommodating they can be I don't yet know. But, we'll find out. Anyway, for now count on using it natively. I'll keep people updated here on our relationship with Mixbook as it progresses.

Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 8:34 AM - Response #4

Brad Switzer wrote:

Count on using Mixbook natively for now. Mixbook just now completed their first API. In fact we may even be the very first people to use it. There's likely to be issues, and probably custom requests we'll end up making. How accommodating they can be I don't yet know. But, we'll find out. Anyway, for now count on using it natively. I'll keep people updated here on our relationship with Mixbook as it progresses.

Brad,
I'm interested on the progress of this. Is it still planning or in development? If in development, what is the planned on release date?

Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 10:18 AM - Response #5

Since you're a grogrammer I think you should integrate the Mixbook API and you should tell me the status! Given the To Do list on the table we could certainly use the help.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 4:53 PM - Response #6

Almost 10 years later ... do you have a native "book" with flipping pages? My Mixbook doesn't work anymore, as it requires FLASH, and many browsers don't support FLASH

Thanks!
Fred

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 4:44 PM - Response #7

Hi Fred. We spoke earlier. Let me know if that flip option we found works well for you. Thanks

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.