ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Host City for the Reunion

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/21/09 04:48 PM Views: 1202 Replies: 3
Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 4:48 PM

I was just wondering how many classes decide to hold their reunions in a city other than the city they graduated in. We graduated in Japan, so going back isn't feasible for us, but I was just curious how many classes decide to take the show on the road, so to speak. If you have gone to a different city, what did city did you choose and would you recommend it for others classes?

Thanks!!!!
Vicki

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 5:15 PM - Response #1

My son's class in Washington held one in Las Vegas but it wasn't well attended. Maybe it wasn't promoted well enough. Might also depend on how big a class, how close-knit you are, and how far from home.

Our school in So. Calif. has started holding Regional Reunions in other states where enough alumni have moved. These are open to all years but draw mostly the older generations who are anxious to renew school ties. Success is dependent on having volunteers in the area to spearhead & promote it with personal contact. The site should be convenient for the committee. Best to have some experience with the venue.

Unless it's a really exciting place, most people won't want the added expense. Around your home town there are a lot of old haunts, family & friends that add value to their visit.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 5:23 PM - Response #2

Hi Vicki, my high school is in Jamaica, last year we had a reunion of the decade of the 50's and we had it in Ft. Lauderdale because there's a large concentration of alumni in and around the Miami area and it was a hop and a skip for those living in Jamaica. This year my class is celebrating our 50th and we're doing it in Jamaica so we can visit the school. I'm not getting much response from the alumni in the States and in other countries. I think it's mostly due to the economic climate.
Anyway, my recommendation would be to have it on the West Coast in a city with the most alumni and where it's a relatively straightforward flight from Japan.
Hope that helps. Good Luck.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 8:41 PM - Response #3

Actually, that is one of the surveys I've put up on this site. I'm asking how many classmates would like to form a 'travel club' and travel together periodically, and also, how many would like to have their reunion in a different place.
We're getting feedback on both!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.