ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Customize Profile Key

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/27/11 06:12 PM Views: 1805 Replies: 7
Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 6:12 PM

I am curious to know if there is a way to customize the profile key. We are accepting donations to maintain our site and some of the classmates asked if it was possible to put an icon next to their name. Is this possible?

Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 6:25 PM - Response #1

Allan,

It isn't possible at this time, but it is supposed to be part of the ClassCreator 3.0. You will be able to add custom icons to the page, for example, "Varsity Football", "Cheerleader", "Choir", "Band", "Donation", etc. You can also have icons/graphics next to each name and be able to assign each of these fields according to answers to the Profile Generator questions and also by assigning certain flags to each profile.

The programmers are working on ClassCreator 3.0, but no release date has been announced.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 7:48 PM - Response #2

Thanks Kyle...I appreciate the very prompt response...maybe you guys can show HP what customer service is all about!

Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 8:29 PM - Response #3

CC could teach most companies/services about customer service. In my 69 years I've never seen better.

Friday, October 28, 2011 at 12:41 AM - Response #4

Bill Holly is right. Kyle has been most helpful and most often.
I do have a question, now that you brought up the subject of maintaining the site. I'm also trying to get donations to maintain the site. Our class is small, apathetic, and all girls (50 yr reunion). I activated our donation icon, wrote a nice note in the donation box on the home page, and connected the icon to a PayPal business account. There's very little action and I doubt I'll be able to maintain the site myself through the months until the reunion. Any suggestions from any of you? You all seem pretty well versed in what to do to make it work? QuestionCrying or Very sad
Barbara

Friday, January 27, 2012 at 4:50 PM - Response #5

Hi Barbara,

Yikes! Why are you paying so much for your domain name? You can renew it through other sources, including classnames.net via Class Creator
1 year: $ 19.95/yr.
2 years: $ 18.95/yr.
5 years: $ 17.95/yr.

I have 2 CC websites & bought my domain names from Dreamhost.com ($26.95 for 3 years) & GoDaddy ($16.16 for 1 year)Shop around, Girl!

In looking at your site, I see no real info or color on your Home page, the first thing everyone sees. I suggest adding content here, then direct folks to the other pages for details. Make it more fun, informative & interesting. Check out my site here & www.claremont61.com for my own class. Your description of the Reunion is pretty wordy, so some editing would help to make it easier to read & sound like fun. Graphics help, too. And music.

Read "How to Build Your Site" for lots of great ideas. My class took up a collection for our website & raised so much I had to renew & upgrade it for 10 years! I should live so long! Wink

I've never paid for room blocks at hotels - ask them to hold rooms at discount up to a deadline, have guests pay for their own rooms. You should not have to pay anything, expecially if you're holding your reunion there!

Asking for money is always hard, but try asking your girls for specific reunion underwriting & put a price tag on everything with a wide variety of prices:
$20.000 nametags
$100.00    postage
$500.00    champagne welcome
$300.00    flowers
$600.00    music
$500.00 wine
etc...

I've been planning our reunions every 5 years or more often for 40 years & raised over $8,000 for our 50-year reunion (in addition to a single donation of $12,000 from one classmate) I suggest using Class Creator for your donations & reservations - fees are about the same as PayPal & they give better formatting options.

Update the website often, then Email the Class every month with birthdays & tidbits of news to invite them back to the site.

Hope this is of help. You're to be commended for managing your class website & planning the reunion! You're doing great to have so much planned already for next year! Best of luck!

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 12:35 AM - Response #6

Hi Sharon,
Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. There are a few things I wanted to ask as well as mention. 1st: I misspoke when adding up my amounts (only slightltly). I added $16.95 x 3 years beginning Sept 2010 plus $9.00 a mo x 12 months and $16.00 a mo x 24 more months, all thru ClassCreator. 2nd: I've never done up a website before (much to the chagrin of Kyle, I'm sure, every time I ask another silly question), never started or was ever involved with a reunion, nor ever went to one. My class has never had a reunion in 50 years. Many are hard to find (all girls school) due to name changes, although 37% of the graduating class have joined the website. Ithink we've found 4-6 that promised to joined, but have not so far. We're still 14 months out, but, as you aptly saw, need help. Lots of help!!

Edited 01/28/12 12:52 AM
Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 1:11 AM - Response #7

Sharon? I don't know what happened but I could only punch "save" twice then I had to start a new "reply". Anyway, I happen to get very wordy and need help cutting down. I do have a co-administrator in Georgia (I'm in Arizona) that might be able to be more succinct.
If you have any hints about how to perk up the pages, I would be so grateful. AND how to put that 'perkiness' on the page, literally!! I like the underwriting idea and and up 'til now have left the hotel reservation with my co-administrator because the Reunion is going to be in Myrtle Beach, SC. But I'm more forceful (although it doesn't seem like it in my verbeage) when speaking (Debate Team does it every time).
Please ask any questions you like. If you send me an e-mail to the site, I will send you my e-mail address back. I feel quite relieved just hearing what you've already imparted and hope you wouldn't mind my picking your brain a bit in a timely manner.
Barbara

Edited 01/28/12 8:18 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.