ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Basic building instructions

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/07/13 06:43 PM Views: 884 Replies: 1
Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Is there someplace that has basic building instructions like how to link to you tube, how to link to another website, etc without searching the forums? I have been searching the help forum on how to link to another website and I am not finding the instructions. I like the forums and the Build a Site one has helped a lot, but sometimes I search and search trying to find the right combination of words that will give me the info I am looking for and it is very time consuming. I haven't found these instructions and I have been reading stuff for the last hour and a half (I get distracted to other stuff easily Smile) Anyway, I know I have done this before, but I can't remember how and I can't find the instructions again. I have been searching for "link to another website", "embedding website". What should I be asking for? I want to put a button to click on that will link to another website for ordering photos of our reunion.

Sunday, September 8, 2013 at 9:41 AM - Response #1

From the FAQs: http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.cfm#buildsite

Question
How do I create clickable links to other pages
within the pages of my site?

Answer: Just follow these steps:

Type the text that you want people to click on to take them another page.
Select that text with your mouse. You can also select an adjacent image, or just select an image and make the image itself a clickable link instead of adding text.
Click the Link button in the formatting toolbar of the editor (near the right hand end of the middle row). A box will appear in the middle of the screen with "Link" at the top.
In the lower portion of the box there will be a text field with the heading "URL". Type or paste the address of the page you're linking to into that box (the address will look something like "http://classcreator.com").
Click the OK button at the bottom of the "Link" box.
Scroll down the page and click "Save Changes" at the bottom. The link will be active on the page you have edited. You may need to refresh your browser when viewing that page right after editing it.

Note: When adding links, some people like to add the entire address (URL) of the linked page as the text to click on. Be careful because a long URL might blow out your page layout. You can always paste in a link and then edit the link text to display something shorter which still links to the same place. You can also use a link shortening service like tinyurl.com to create a smaller url pointing to the same page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.