ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Show an Internet Link on Home Page?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/12/10 11:21 PM Views: 1389 Replies: 3
Monday, July 12, 2010 at 11:21 PM

I am considering putting an Announcement on our Home Page with my personal weather station. I'd rather not just show a 'blah' Click the path Below, but maybe click an "icon" or something more attractive. What I would want it to activate is as follows. Can this be done?

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KCAMURPH4

Is this really a good idea though? I don't want to draw them out of my ClassCreator website, so I would want it to default back............hmmm, maybe not so good???

Edited 07/12/10 11:28 PM
Monday, July 12, 2010 at 11:34 PM - Response #1

I'd consider using their weather sticker instead, see this link. That would make it easy to embed the weather right on your site without the need for clicking and leaving the site.

If you really want to link to the whole thing, I'd just add this after your link:

target="_blank"

This will make the weather link open in a new window so people don't actually leave your site itself. They'll have to click back to the window with the site though to come back. I think your best bet us embedding the weather sticker.

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 11:40 PM - Response #2

Derrell Pulis wrote:

I am considering putting an Announcement on our Home Page with my personal weather station. I'd rather not just show a 'blah' Click the path Below, but maybe click an "icon" or something more attractive. What I would want it to activate is as follows. Can this be done?

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KCAMURPH4

Is this really a good idea though? I don't want to draw them out of my ClassCreator website, so I would want it to default back............hmmm, maybe not so good???

Check out the 3rd party Weather station, I have on my homepage. You can embed it on your homepage using your zip code. I saw it on someone else's site..liked it better than the one I was using.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 12:41 AM - Response #3

Weather Sticker is a much better idea Brad, and I figured it out to place. I think for now I will go with Darlene's suggestion, just a simple 3rd party with the weather specific for our Home Town.

I think I am pushing my little Personal Weather Station a little too far onto my classmates. They can see same thing from my Profile, and it becomes THEIR choice, not me pushing it out there.

I kind of liked this 3rd party one Darlene. I also saw it on another of our sites. It can be customized with colors for background, borders, and font.

Thanks ya'll, I just got away from myself a little bit there, the professional nerd that I am. Very Happy

http://www.showmyweather.com/

Edited 07/13/10 12:42 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.