ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

adding music from itunes

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/02/09 07:53 PM Views: 1511 Replies: 6
Monday, March 2, 2009 at 7:53 PM

How can I download a song from itunes to my website. Remember, I am a "lil granny in tennis shoes"-use the KISS (keep it simple) example.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 12:47 AM - Response #1

Can't really recommend doing that, as it's copyright infringement.

What you can do though is put the song on your site via www.playlist.com. For full instructions:

1) Click our FAQs link above
2) Click Questions About Building Your Site
3) Read Question #18

I really don't know much about how Playlist gets the right to make virtually every song available like they do, but on their site they claim they have the right to do this.

Edited 03/03/09 12:49 AM
Friday, September 12, 2014 at 12:54 AM - Response #2

Am in the same boat - Trying to create a playlist and getting very frustrated because all I have are iTunes music files. I tried looking at Playlist.com but got even more confused.

Looking for the FAQs you mention in your response above and not seeing it.

Help!Confused

Edited 09/12/14 12:54 AM
Friday, September 12, 2014 at 12:20 PM - Response #3

Sorry Judy, that was an older post above. Playlist.com no longer operates the way they used to. Please look at grooveshark.com as an alternative.

Sunday, September 14, 2014 at 6:26 PM - Response #4

Thanks. I have created a playlist on GrooveShark and added it to my homepage, but how do I get it to keep playing if they navigate to another page?
Is there a benefit to using that playlist as a widget by itself or by using the playlist generator? Am confused.

I got it to work, just can't get it to follow user to the next navigation page.

Monday, September 15, 2014 at 1:06 PM - Response #5

Playlist.com had a pop out player option. Does Grooveshark have that as an option? (I honestly don't know). It needs to play in a different window in order to play in the background from page to page.

Monday, September 15, 2014 at 4:13 PM - Response #6

Grooveshark does not have a pop out option, however, ANY player can be made into one with some simple javascript and a simple html file in the file vault. I have a sample page, but it's sort of cluttered with other test code.

I can make a more simplified page if anyone is interested.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.