ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Deceased Teacher Examples

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/02/09 07:39 PM Views: 1834 Replies: 5
Monday, March 2, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Can anyone point me in the drection of a way you've handled a deceased teacher's profile? Somehow I'm missing the boat on this one.

Monday, March 2, 2009 at 9:49 PM - Response #1

Hi Jerry,

Here is how I handled our deceased faculty.

Good Luck!Smile

Anita's "In Memory"

Sorry Jerry...I just noticed you are a Multi-Year site. I don't know if mine will be of any help.Crying or Very sad

Edited 03/02/09 11:50 PM
Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 7:59 AM - Response #2

I listed some of our faculty members, both living and deceased, as Guests. The deceased I listed on the In Memory page the same as classmates. Here is an example:
http://www.classcreator.com/Brazosport-TX-1969/class_profile.cfm?member_id=887512

Hope this helps.
Carrol
Brazosport High School, Class of 1969

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 7:27 AM - Response #3

Jerry Quinn wrote:

Can anyone point me in the drection of a way you've handled a deceased teacher's profile? Somehow I'm missing the boat on this one.

Hi, Jerry. We're handling faculty profiles the same as classmates on our multi-year site. There are 2 sections in the "In Memory" section: classmates are first; teachers, second. Please feel free to take a look at ours if you'd like. Hope this helps!

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 3:40 PM - Response #4

I added a teacher as a guest in order to add her to the Memory section because she's deceased. In the memory section she shows as a guest, how can I change that to read teacher?

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 4:32 PM - Response #5

Hi Karen,

At the moment adding them as a guest is the best solution for a single year site. If you want to check out where this is all heading see this thread

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.