ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Gallery No Shows

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/08/10 11:22 PM Views: 1136 Replies: 3
Wednesday, December 8, 2010 at 11:22 PM
screenshotPC.jpg

We started a new gallery page ten days ago and all seemed to be working ok when viewed with Safari on my Mac.

Just got a note yesterday from a classmate using Firefox on a PC who can see the photo frame layout, but unable to "see" the complete rendering of the photos (attached). I understand when she uses IE there is no problem.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 10:30 AM - Response #1

I am using Firefox on a Win 7 PC and I see the Nostalgia Gallery just fine. Her issue may have to do with the AVG tool bar that is installed on her Firefox. Can she see other galleries? Would she be able to temporarily turn that bar off to view the page to see if that works?

Monday, December 13, 2010 at 11:03 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the tip. I passed it along to her, but haven't heard anything back yet.

For clarification, can I assume "AVG" is an optional antivirus feature obtained by selecting Firefox>Tools>Add-ons>Plug-ins, and therefore, not all users would have this installed, right?

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 at 10:33 AM - Response #3

AVG is a free Virus Protection software. Just like Norton and other virus software, they offer an add-on / plug-in tool bar for their customers' browsers. I find that these toolbars often are the cause of these kinds of problems. Personally, I never install them.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.