ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Left align navigation sub menu items

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/05/13 11:10 PM Views: 1123 Replies: 3
Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM
CCLeftAlign.jpg

Just curious, is there a way to control the alignment of the sub menus in one of the top navigation items. All the items are center aligned, and I would prefer to have them left aligned with the beginning of the text in the top menu item with a slight indentation. I have attached a picture that illustrates the point better than I can explain it.

Thank you,
Greg

Edited 02/05/13 11:14 PM
Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 11:27 AM - Response #1

This is not currently a control that is built into the interface. However, with a little bit of digging in the code, I was able to find the CSS that controlled the top navigation and added a custom style to the Google Analytics box on the Preferences page. While I am NOT a CSS guru, I was able to play around with and actually get this to work for you. Smile I did try an option where the top nav elements were left aligned as well, but this did not look good at all. So I opted to only align the dropdown items to the left. To play around with this more (or remove if desired), please go to thee Google Analytics box at the bottom of the Preferences page.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM - Response #2

Yeah, but will it work on FBTwisted Evil

Actually, Scott, there have been a whole bunch of question about alignment and backgrounds that have fairly simple solutions with overriding CSS.

CC should create a sticky called Advanced CC or something that consolidates all these tips. The most common one, could be fixing the scrolling background. Almost ALL CC sites would benefit from not having the background scroll. I won't ask whyWink

Friday, February 8, 2013 at 9:21 AM - Response #3

Thank you so much Scott, you rock!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.