ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Blocking Comments by a class member

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/02/17 03:16 PM Views: 954 Replies: 3
Monday, January 2, 2017 at 3:16 PM

Is there a way to stop posts by a classmate? We have a wild card in the bunch that has a way going beyond what the site is intended for.

Thank you.

Steve Sipos

Monday, January 2, 2017 at 9:09 PM - Response #1

The way to block them is to give them a warning and if the warning is ignored, delete their profile.

Monday, January 2, 2017 at 9:21 PM - Response #2

We nave a 'Purpose Statement' on our Home Page for everyone to see.
When they don't abide by it, they get one warning, advising them of the consequences [being banned from the site] if they do it again.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 8:55 AM - Response #3

Like Steve Stein...we also have a conduct and use policy...it's right on our home page..you are welcome to use it.
We have banned 2 classmates so far since our site was activated in 2009. One was allowed to return...since we didn't have the policy & disclaimers in place at the time of the offense. We asked him politely to remove the offensive answers to some of his profile questions 3 times..he didn't comply and he got banned from the site. He was an A$$ in school,too. Guess he never learned. He asked to be put back in the database. I accepted his apology and reinstated him. And he's been a good boy every since.
The other 1 is a gal that accused her classmate of grouping & raping her when in HS. She was using very vulgar language. I banned her immediately..she was from another class and was a guest at the time. Now we have included her class on our website.

We are dealing with an little jealously issue now. The offender has turned off his & her notify flag to off not too long after the incident happened. It started at the reunion in 2015 and carried over to the site.

We are a drama free site. BTW...we have decided not to join FB Connections just because we want people to visit our site it's run by volunteers and donations.and the donations have dried up since there are no events going on right now.

I swear you would think they were back in HS and never grew up. Rolling Eyes

Sorry..this was so long.
I hope this helps.

Edited 01/03/17 9:26 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.