ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Show privacy "padlock" when logged in

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/31/11 01:38 PM Views: 1210 Replies: 3
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Here's a simple change (maybe):

The privacy padlock only shows when not logged in. Showing it all the time would make it much easier for admins to verify that members have not inadvertently not checked the privacy they desire.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 4:35 PM - Response #1

Hi Jack,

The privacy padlock is intended to show classmates who are not logged in that if they join the site and/or login they will be able to view the profile. It could be confusing to classmates who are logged in to see a lock on a page that they are allowed to view as a logged in member of the site.

If you logout you can see the locks.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 4:53 PM - Response #2

Yes, I realize that's how CC sees it. I see it as a "not required" for those who join the site. IOW, it's not required to remove the "lock" when logged in to indicate that members can view the profile. Becomes sort of obvious - it's assuming that people actually go through that thought process just because of an obscure icon (it's not really a universal sign). Those who are not members don't really look at a "lock", they just get a log in screen.

I think this is one of those "over thought" features that actually hinders administrating a site. It's actually a very easy method to see who forgot to "lock". I don't want to "log out" and then have to "log in" again to fix. That's why I brought it up.

Just think about it. It would be much better to always have the lock showing. There's no confusion at all. Indeed, it could be viewed as a "positive". Now that you are a member, you can see these "locked" profiles that you couldn't see before.Idea

------------------------

It would also make it MUCH simpler to tell classmates how to check that they have secured their profile. That's been a problem many times as evidenced via posts on this forum complaining about info visible to search engines. Remember, that's only for those that bother to search and then find out. Imagine how many there really are that do not realize the problemExclamation

Edited 05/31/11 5:07 PM
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 4:23 PM - Response #3

I was involved in other things in May... missed this.

I understand what you are saying, Jack. Though I can tell my classmates their info is locked down solid, unless they can see it they are skeptical. Yes, I can tell them to look before the log-in, but I have many who are not that computer saavy... and yes, that would be called 'saavy' for some. Smile Just agreeing...

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.