ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Block In Memoriam entries

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/02/17 02:35 PM Views: 829 Replies: 2
Monday, January 2, 2017 at 2:35 PM

Is it possible for me to prevent Classmates adding further entries to one of my deceased's In Memory entries? Some unsavoury things have been said on one and despite my saying it shouldn't be done an argument has developed that shouldn't really appear on an In Memoriam entry. I'd rather leave what's already been said (rather than move it somewhere more appropriate or delete entries altogether as they do have some relevance)but want to prevent additions.

Thanks.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 7:14 PM - Response #1

There is not a way to turn them off. As the administrator you do have the ability and right to edit and or delete them if you find them inappropriate. It sounds like you have already done this but it may also be necessary to send a private note to the small group of individuals posting there asking them not to use the In Memory section in this manner.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 7:52 PM - Response #2

Thanks for confirming that, Jessica. Yes, I was aware of my other options and have already done as you suggested. I think I'll let other Classmates 'police' the posts and if I get enough complaints I'll remove them altogether to the User Forums or Notice Board. It's not so much about what's being said as where it's being said.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.