ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Putting itunes on the website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/03/12 01:55 PM Views: 1170 Replies: 5
Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 1:55 PM

A number of our classmates were in a trio in high school. They have one of their numbers saved as an iTune. Will Class Creator accept this format on our site? How do I go about downloading this?

Linda King

Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 2:15 PM - Response #1

You can embed the music file on your website only if one of the three following is true:
1. You have the file saved on your computer in mp3 format. (If it is in your iTunes, you may have to convert it to mp3 from whatever format it is currently in.)
2. The file is online in mp3 format and is directly accessible (no login required) and you have the URL of the file.
3. The file is available on a music website that offers you the ability to select tracks from their collection to make a playlist that you can then embed into your own website (such as playlist.com). So far as I know, iTunes does not offer this.

Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 2:56 PM - Response #2

Thank you for your help. When I receive the file I will try to convert it to MP3 format. I understand that another member of the trio has it saved in MP3 format, so I may be able to get her to e-mail it to me.

Thanks,
Linda

Friday, May 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM - Response #3

On this same topic, I now have (on my Mackey Trio page), their songs, that come on when you open the page, as well as two of their pictures. They've given several paragraphs of information about their trio. I'm a little worried about what will happen to the formatting when I insert the text. What would be the best way to do this?
Thanks,
Linda

Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 8:41 AM - Response #4

Linda,

How do you want the formatting? You can have it above the music player or below the photos without changing the formatting much.

You can control the formatting of photos (or objects like the music player) better if you use TABLES. In the Edit Site Pages, EDIT "Mackey Trio" content editor, 7th icon from right on the top row of icons is the TABLE icon. You can create a table and then drag the photos into each cell of the table (if you created a 3 column table, the middle cell would be for between photo spacing). I would recommend formatting your photos with tables instead of with spaces. With spaces, the photos will not be spaced correctly on some browsers.

Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 3:39 PM - Response #5

Thanks so much for your suggestion. It took some fooling around, but I think that it worked out!
Linda

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.