ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Updating Profiles .. Strange Problem

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/15/12 11:19 PM Views: 1183 Replies: 3
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Thanks for the help that this forum offers .. I appreciate that!

I am in the process of updating a few profiles per the request of classmates as I am the administrator. I have fields for First Name, Last Name, Married Last Name, etc. In every Last Name field that doesn't have anything in it (like a female classmate that is married and does have her maiden name) .. my email address is there!! This is only in the profiles that have been updated at some point so it mainly affects the male profiles as most of the females have all three fields complete.

How can I fix this? .. thanks much!!

Brenda

Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 11:48 AM - Response #1

You'll have to manually remove the incorrect data from each classmate record.

I don't know if it was a contributing factor, but since your domain name is incorrectly configured at the registrar (godaddy), I removed it from the website. The domain forwards to the website but is not associated directly with it, so having it assigned on our end may have been causing some problems.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 5:27 PM - Response #2

Eric,

Thanks for the help .. I tried manually removing it but it comes right back even though I save it after removing it. I manually removed several last night then went back in to check and they were back .. did the same thing today after reading your response and it is still happening. What can I do? ..

Also, on the godaddy issue .. do I need to call them? or how can I fix this?

Thanks MUCH!

Brenda

Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 5:31 PM - Response #3

I'm guessing your browser is auto-filling the fields, so you may need to turn off that feature in the preferences for your browser.

Call the tech support at GoDaddy and tell them you want the A Record for the domain whsclassof1972.org set to the IP address 69.41.171.62. Tell them the domain is NOT to be forwarded.

Once they've made the necessary change, log into your website and go to the Register Domain page, enter whsclassof1972.org in the domain name field and click the button.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.