ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Getting a Blank Edit Screen

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/01/11 05:07 PM Views: 1632 Replies: 7
Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 5:07 PM

I have not been able to edit any of my pages for the past 3 days. When I do go onto the edit site and the edit announcements my page is blank. What's going on here? Any help would be appreciated.

Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 5:11 PM - Response #1

Hi johnnybil

And are you using IE 9.0? switch to Firefox until that Internet Explorer issue is resolved.

FCKEditor and IE 9

Edited 05/01/11 5:14 PM
Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 5:17 PM - Response #2

I am using Internet Explorer 9, this just started to happened. I had IE 9 downloaded a couple of months ago and all was fine and dandy, this just started a few days ago. I don't know anything about Firefox, I'll Google it for information.

Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 8:40 PM - Response #3

John I switched to Firefox and all is well and working fine, thank you for your suggestion. Very Happy

Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 9:16 PM - Response #4

I don't use IE9 (mainly just to make sure pages work on IE9), however, edit works for me. Version 9.0.8112.16421IC (64bit version)

If it started a few days ago, suspect something else going on.

Overall, IE9 is vastly improved over IE8 - as fast as FF. Only wish it would have been available for XP so I could forget about IE8 compatibiltyCool

Edited 05/01/11 9:17 PM
Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 10:23 PM - Response #5

I tried firefox and it said my security settings wont allow a plug in. When I try to add paypal link is wont show it correctly. Any ideas?

Monday, May 2, 2011 at 10:20 PM - Response #6

Slim Browser is light and fast, similar to IE8. I switch between IE8,IE9,Google Chrome,Firefox,slim browser. Just to see what the effects are on the class website.

Monday, May 2, 2011 at 11:28 PM - Response #7

Slim is interesting - never heard of it before. Apparently doesn't do javascript correctly yet (or it's not doing onmousedown?). On our homepage images are supposed to expand when you click on them - nothing happens.

I check those you listed for exactly the same reason and also Opera + Safari for the Mac users.

Slim is the only one that didn't work quite right on the mouse thing + copies some IE "bugs" exactly so must be using same code in areas. Only Chrome doesn't do some pages correctly - doesn't like images aligned to the right with text on the left.

Mostly I concentrate to make sure IE, FF and Safari work and then run it also on an iPOD, I think that covers 99.9% of our usersQuestion I'd say 100%, but my own testing skews the stats for the oddball onesWink

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.