ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Download Class List

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 03/02/09 01:26 AM Views: 2002 Replies: 12
Monday, March 2, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Hi,
Just wondering why when you download the class list it only show yes in the column stating if they intend to attend the reunion? When someone checks off no, shouldn't that show in that column?

Thanks
Garth Kuemper

Monday, March 2, 2009 at 10:54 AM - Response #1

No, because the default is No. With a Yes/No question the default has to be something. But "No" could simply mean somebody hasn't even answered the question at all. Everything on your export would be set to No unless a Classmate had answered Yes. In many cases Classmates are site members before the official reunion is ativated on the site. So all of their answers would be No, even though they may simply not have registered yet or turned on their "attending reunion" icon themselves. Bottom line, Yes specifically indicates that somebody is planning to attend. No doesn't necessarily mean anything, as registrations come in over time.

Monday, March 2, 2009 at 1:21 PM - Response #2

Ok. It is just now there are people clicking no and we have been calling them as we didn't see that they clicked no. Just was thinking it could be maybe Yes or no.

Thanks for all the work you guys put in!

Garth Kuemper

Monday, March 2, 2009 at 2:34 PM - Response #3

I know what you're saying... No can be selected from a Profile, No can be changed to Yes by officially registering for a reunion, people can sign up for the site prior to a reunion being active, or sometimes sign up after a reunion is already active... All of these things make "No" a rather difficult thing to determine, especially when No is the default under any of these scenarios. Thus, our decision to just show the "Yes's". Also some "maybe's" would show as no until such time as those people said yes. Hope that makes sense.

Just a thought, if you want to get a definitive "No" count, you could always put together a little Reunion Survey and blast email it out to your class. That may help you determine who is absolutely not going to be attending.

Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 8:12 PM - Response #4

Our Reunion is not until September and we have not set pricing yet, so on our profile I ask if they are going to the Reunion and have a choice of three answers:

Yes
No
I have not decided yet

This gives people who are thinking about coming from having to say No at this time. Sometimes people want to come, but cannot commit until they change a schedule or a previous commitment or decide if they can afford the trip. Giving them the option of 'I have not decided yet' means that they don't have to say no, they are still deciding.

Because I want that third choice, I have to have them answer the question a second time so that the numbers will be recorded and shown on the Classmate Profiles page.

Sure would be nice if the site Attending Reunion question had that third option.

Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 8:58 PM - Response #5

I'll come up with something for this.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 11:20 AM - Response #6

Garth Kuemper wrote:

Ok. It is just now there are people clicking no and we have been calling them as we didn't see that they clicked no. Just was thinking it could be maybe Yes or no.

Thanks for all the work you guys put in!

Garth Kuemper

We've recently been running into the same problem that Garth describes, so I also downloaded the classlist and was surprised & frustrated to discover that the actual response (for "No") is not captured - only "Yes" responses. Why even have a "No" option in the answer field? Respondents expect that you have a way to collect their response.

Unfortunately, throwing a survey out there would just aggrevate these folks further - they answered the question already. Besides, we did do this survey when we had about 130 registered classmates. That data is no longer good because we now have over 250 classmates, but I don't want to annoy the original 100 by subjecting them to a repeat survey. Our only option for now, is to look at each individual profile to determine if they said "No" (and this can only be done by admins through the "Manage Classmates" view).

Brad, it seems reasonable that the default might be changed to "n/a" or something else, so that both "Yes" and "No" responses can be recorded? Please consider it? Pretty please? With sugar on top???! Wink

Thanks Brad & team!
Terry

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 11:30 AM - Response #7

We're going to add an undecided option, but right now you're either coming to the reunion, or you're not coming to the reunion. Why are you having to click into each Profile? Presumably if you look at your Classmate Profiles page, everybody without an "attending reunion" icon isn't coming. Or at least they haven't indicated they are coming, anyway. Everybody without an icon is a "No", so I'm wondering why you need to drill into the Profile level to see this.

In a sense a "No" is recorded. If it's blank, then it's a no. If somebody has said Yes, and now has to change their mind, clearly they need a "No" option that they can go in and select to return their status to No. Which will show up blank again on the exort, which means it's a No.

Bottom line, we will add the undecided option, but before we do anything else on the Reunoin Planner Kevin is going to finish up ACH so people can direct deposit their money into their bank account at will. Once we have that live, we'll add the undecided option and also create some additional reporting tools for people on Reunion Planner II.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 12:05 PM - Response #8

Thanks for your quick reply Brad! I think you may be missing our point... Because we have been individually following up with each classmate who has not answered "yes" so as to prompt them into action. In doing so, we have inadvertently contacted some classmates who had previously & intentionally responded "no" (not just blank) and this is both annoying for them - and uncomfortable for us! This is why we must drill down into each profile - because that is currently the only place that their "no" reply is visible.

That said, I understand with your reply that you have a plan to put in an "Undecided" choice (the new default?) which will surely solve the problem!

Related suggestion: It would also be a fantastic bonus if the Reunion Planner had some "email the class" options (similar to the surveys) that automatically created mailing lists based on attendance & payment status, such as:
YES/PAID
YES/NOT PAID
NO
UNDECIDED

We have to manually create these email lists on the fly each time we send reunion-related messages. It's time consuming even with only 250 classmates. Really large classes must have to simply shrug off any desire to send out targeted emails.

Thanks as always!!! Smile
Terry

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 2:41 PM - Response #9

Got it. Yes, undecided should do it. Also, those email preselects along with a variety of others are coming. We have 5 major new featuers in the works, and after we get some of these launched we're going to hit a few dozen litter things that are pressing.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 6:05 PM - Response #10

Excellent! As always Smile
Thank you!

Friday, June 19, 2009 at 7:01 PM - Response #11

I am new to this....still in trial period....trying to sell committee of others on classcreator. Class list not yet uploaded. (Our reunion would be in Sept 2010 so maybe I am a bit to far ahead of the others in the committees).

I am looking at "Download Class List" under "Suggestions and Feedback".

The postings and replies discuss enhancing "attend options": no, yes, maybe, etc.

Brad Switzer says "We have 5 major new featuers in the works"

Is there a target date for implementation of these features?

We will have to manage about 750 graduates for our reunion. We really need more granularity than yes/no.

Friday, June 19, 2009 at 8:36 PM - Response #12

The target for the next two major features, threaded email and Reunion Planner direct deposit banking, are both July. After those features are live we'll be able to better target the release of the next features. We'll try to work the "Maybe" option in there during this time too though, as it's a small task.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.