ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Red rose icon

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/03/08 09:27 PM Views: 1439 Replies: 7
Friday, October 3, 2008 at 9:27 PM

Well, maybe this has been been discovered already, but I don't recall seeing it. Being as deceased classmates getting a red rose icon is dependent upon an entry by an admin person, my co admin today discovered that by simply adding a . to the deceased page, they got a rose!! True, the legend says the rose indicates an entry, but at least it might tend to get classmates there to enter a sentiment or memory on their own. (Mine are really slow to do so) All of our deceased received roses today..thanks to Betty, my co admin..she is priceless.

Again, if this has been realized already, sorry for the repeat....Bonita

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 9:52 PM - Response #1

I discovered that as well..and just went in and entered the year they died...so they all have roses

I also entered an American flag pic in the veterans obits

Works nice for our group.

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 11:22 PM - Response #2

I entered "No obituary available."

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 1:37 AM - Response #3

Touche' .... Makes sense. Thanks...Bonita

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 1:39 AM - Response #4

The rose is meant to symbolize to your Classmates that there is actually something to read on the page (all of the icons are intended to help Clasmates figure out where there is content to see). But if you wanna to "trick the system" go right ahead. Smile When we get back to this area, we'll also be making any Classmate comments also trigger the rose to show.

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 2:06 AM - Response #5

While I remember you saying that that feature was coming, I don't see that were "tricking the system" and I certainly didn't mean it that way. I apologize if that's what you think. We will reconsider how we do this.Sad Bonita

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 3:41 AM - Response #6

Ah no Bonita, don't read too much into that. You do whatever you want. You figured out how to make it do something that wasn't the original intent, and that may work great for your site. I was just pointing out that the intent of the icons is to guide users to content. But if you wanna put roses where there's no content yet, in order to attract content, it sounds perfectly plausible to me. Have at it. Smile

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 9:49 AM - Response #7

Bonita, our class was small, so this may or may not work for you, but I (as the administrator) just entered a few words about each of our deceased classmates, such as they were good guys or something. Amazingly, we only have 2 at this point and I did know each of them as I knew everyone in my class. Like I said, it may or may not be applicable to you, especially if you had a mega-class.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.