ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Hello and Thank You

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/03/08 07:02 PM Views: 1353 Replies: 8
Friday, October 3, 2008 at 7:02 PM

Hi,

My name is Dawn, I live in Manchester, NH, and I have been maintaining a private home-built class site for over four years (since my 20th)for my high school in Eastlake, OH, and now getting prepared for our 25th next year.

I was surfing the web for ideas on how to accommodate my existing web content and class database (already in Excel) when I stumbled upon a reunion web site in Ohio designed by Class Creator. I clicked the tiny referring link below to the Home Page here. I was intrigued enough by all the raves and features that I signed up for a site.

That was five nights ago, and I have completed my class database transfer and Senior photo installments. I have already emailed my class and the profile update notices have been rolling in. A survey is up to decide the weekend of our reunion, and fundraising is well under way.

I was so impressed by this content management system, that I will now incorporate my sister's graduating class (which I was already maintaining) to make ours a multi-year site. Now we just need to decide on a domain name and get that registered here.

Thank you Rick, Brad, and whoever else is behind the scenes here at Class Creator. This is hands down the most well thought out content managment system I have ever run across for a reunion format. You guys rock! I'm thrilled to have found Class Creator.Very Happy

Dawn

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 8:13 PM - Response #1

Thank you very much. Smile Welcome aboard.

I have a question for you: I see you're using our new multi year system, which you may or may not realize is brand new. It just launched last week.

I see your site covers the years 1984 and 1985. So I'm curious how you've got 1986 and 1987 displaying on your Classmate Profiles page in addition to 1984 and 1985. I'm assuming you initially put in a range of 4 years, added at least one Classmate to 1986 and 1987, and then narrowed your range to just 1984 and 1985.

If you did that, I suspect you'll have to change your year range to 4 years like you did initialy so you can see those records again, change the year for those Classmates or delete them, and then change your class range back to just 1984 and 1985. I'll have to have Dave look into this next week. Even if you've left records in there from later years, and then changed your year range, I'd think we should still be only showing your year range on your Classmate Profiles page regardless of the fact that you've left records in the system prior to narrowing your range.

I hope all that makes sense. Oh, Daaaave? Please help me out here.

Edited 10/03/08 8:17 PM
Friday, October 3, 2008 at 8:20 PM - Response #2

Actually, that can't be it. If that was it you'd have at last one Classmate under 1986 and 1987. But you don't have any. So why are those two additional years still showing up on your Classmate Profiles page. Another day another mystery. Dave? Smile

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 8:25 PM - Response #3

I added the multi-year format after I read about it here. I was only interested in adding 1985 to the range, but ended up with '86 and '87 as well. I would prefer not to have those listed, as those classes are being handled elsewhere and I don't want to confuse the issue.

Interestingly, when I plug a new profile in there are only two classes listed in the pulldown for choices, 84 and 85.

Thanks for your help.

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 8:30 PM - Response #4

That's the thing that's confusing me. Under your Edit School/Logos link, you've correctly got your year range set to just 1984 and 1985 like you want it. So why the other two years are showing I have no clue. Dave will fix it, but more importantly we'll need to make sure it's not possible for this to happen on any other sites.

Ya see, you no sooner join the system, and the next thing you know you're a guinea pig. Smile

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 8:34 PM - Response #5

That's okay. I realize this is fairly new and you're still working out the bugs. As far as I'm concerned, these are just minor issues.

If I need to be one of the guinea pigs during the growing pains, then so be it.

I look forward to whatever new goodies you'll be implementing down the road. Hard to believe it could get any better.Very Happy

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 8:43 PM - Response #6

Oh my oh my, you should see the Task List. Smile

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 10:27 PM - Response #7

Someone must be tinkering in the shop, because now '84 Classmate Profiles are all gone.

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 1:32 AM - Response #8

No worries, that was just us fixing the problem. You're all set.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.