ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

more than one slide show

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/20/09 01:59 PM Views: 1377 Replies: 6
Monday, April 20, 2009 at 1:59 PM

I have been trying to add a couple slide shows on one page that I have named "Pictures". Once I try to add the second slide show the first one disappears. But then when I go into edit the slide show is there but blank. Is it possible that we can only add one slide show or am I missing something?

Monday, April 20, 2009 at 3:13 PM - Response #1

I've seen pages with two slideshows. It is important to make sure the code from one does not mix with the code from the next one. If you add something separating the two - even just captions you will be able to see that in the code when you click on the Source button to add the two code elements - you can add one before the caption text and one after to ensure they are both completely separated code.

Monday, April 20, 2009 at 4:41 PM - Response #2

I have tried adding space or something after the slideshow. As soon as I try to change it, then I loose the slideshow I added. Right now I have the slideshow and everything looks good. Can you take a look and see what is going on? Check under Pictures and you should be able to see what I'm talking about. I tried even just adding a line and that takes it away. Thanks

Monday, April 20, 2009 at 5:10 PM - Response #3

I only see one set of slide show code in the editor. There is one link to a photo gallery and one set of slide show code. Did you have another set of code for the second slide show?

Monday, April 20, 2009 at 7:51 PM - Response #4

Yes, so sounds like everything looks good now. I will add another one now and you can see how it disappears. Thanks

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 7:21 AM - Response #5

Hi Ann....

I feel your pain, and know what your going through. I can tell you though, it is possible to add more than one slideshow to a page. I have 3 on one of my pages (feel free to check it out), BUT, some of those 3rd party add-ons work in strange and mysterious ways. Depending on the slideshow you use ( One True Media, Picture Trail, Photobucket, Google's Picasa, etc...) some will in fact "disappear" magically when you go back into the source edit mode. I've had it happen specifically with the slideshows from Picture Trail & Google's Picasa. Best thing to do is to add all the slideshows at once, but if you must go back in later on, then you will just have copy & paste the code again. I'm getting to be an expert at that by now. Smile

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 7:38 AM - Response #6

Thanks Doug it is Picasa that I am working with. I will try loading them all at once.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.