ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Administrator Columbian Class 1964

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/22/08 09:11 AM Views: 1109 Replies: 2
Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 9:11 AM

I am trying to download the class list from an excel spread sheet which I have saved in .csv, but when I try to download it tells me that I have a classmate without a last name and perhaps I have the Last Name Column and the Married Name Column switched. It is not switched at all and there is a last name for every classmate. How do I download this file?

Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 11:16 AM - Response #1

I'm not of any help, but I wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I had a similar problem. I created the Excel spreadsheet and it simply would not upload to the site, though I saved it with the right extension. I got no specific error messages, so it wasn't the excel file that was the problem. I still don't know why it didn't work and I tried numerous times.

I ended up going back and MANUALLY adding each classmate to the site. I think it may be easier to do that from the get-go, but now at least I have the Excel spreadsheet for doing snail mail-outs.

Good luck!
Retha

Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 1:21 PM - Response #2

You folks need to tell us about these things. Smile

There is ALWAYS a reason why an import fails, and most often it's the littlest thing. For instance, a comma anywhere in your file will preent the import. We see email address all the time where somebody has put ,com at the end of an address rather than .com. That little thing alone will block the entire import. We can usually spot these types of problems in a matter of seconds. Just email your .csv file to mail@classcreator.com and we'll figure out what's wrong in the file.

Edited 11/22/08 1:22 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.