ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

“Upgrade” price is the FULL price of new Subscription Status

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/05/12 11:44 PM Views: 1115 Replies: 5
Sunday, August 5, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Our Subscription link says:

“Based on your current subscription status, you can upgrade to the Platinum Membership level for $307.21. This is a pro-rated cost based on the 623 days remaining in your Premium Plus subscription.”

This is not an UPGRADE. This amount is actually slightly more than the ENTIRE $179 yearly price of Platinum membership prorated for 623 days: $179*(623/365) = $305.53

When we added time to our Premium Plus Membership, I specifically asked if we would only have to pay the ADDITIONAL cost to upgrade and I was assured we would.

Please correct the price. Thanks.

Monday, August 6, 2012 at 12:30 AM - Response #1

Lane,

This is how it works....
You currently have 623 days of Premium Plus subscription (purchased at a 3-year rate). This is worth about $249/1095 per day (.227397 per day). You have 623 days, so it is worth about $141.67 dollars

A 3-year Platinum membership costs $449. You cannot have two different subscription rates at the same time. $449 - 141.67 = $307.33 which is about what the price is that you quote ($305.53 is what you said was the upgrade price)

I don't see any mistakes in that logic. Nothing needs to be corrected.

If you only want one year of Platinum, we can use the $141.67 of your current subscription value and immediately convert you over to a one year Platinum (you would lose the 3-year discount on the Platinum membership), but this can still be done at the one-year price if you want.

One year Platinum costs $179/365 = .49041095 price per day. You have $141.67, so that would give you 141.67/.49041095 = 289 days of Platinum.

Let me know if this is what you want to do and I can also add a few extra days for any rounding errors that I might have made.

Monday, August 6, 2012 at 6:50 AM - Response #2

Thanks, Kyle.

The term of our Platinum status was not clear in my Subscription link or in your response. By your calculation, the $307.33 price should get us Platinum status for three more years from now ($449 for a 3-year Platinum membership - $141.67 credit for our current membership). Is that what we’ll get?

Monday, August 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM - Response #3

Yes, the system tries to keep you at the same level, so you would get the same discount price. $449 is the 3-year price and is cheaper than $179 3 which would be the normal $537 price you would pay if you paid 3 different times for 3 years.

So $307.33 (or about that price) is the 3-year Platinum price you would pay and it would renew you for 3 more years and your renewal date would be 3 years from now.

I hope that answers your questions.

Monday, August 6, 2012 at 3:00 PM - Response #4

Yes, that answers it. Great! Thanks a lot.

Please go ahead and upgrade us for $307.33 (corrected for round off errors) for the Platinum subscription for 3 more years with a renewal date 3 years from now. I believe you said you could do it, but let me know if I need to do anything.

P.S. I believe it would help others if the Subscription link gave the new renewal date that would go with an upgrade. The term of the upgrade is ambiguous at best.

Monday, August 6, 2012 at 3:12 PM - Response #5

You just log in and click the SUBSCRIPTION, click the "Select a Platinum Upgrade Option" button, then check your credit card information, then Upgrade my Membership button.

It looks like your credit card YEAR OF EXPIRATION has expired, so you will have to do this step.

You can also purchase the 5-year and 10-year options if you want more of a discount, but the current value of your website (about $141.67 dollars) will be applied to whichever new subscription option you choose.

I will ask the programmers to try and make it more clear that what they are purchasing is a new subscription, using your value of your website (current number of days left prorated by the amount you paid) as a discount.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.