ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

AlumniArchive.net: arrgh

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/05/09 06:29 AM Views: 1707 Replies: 1
Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 6:29 AM

AlumniArchive.net appears to be yet another cut in the Classmates.com mold, e-mailing unsuspecting people to join their site where (surprise!), you can't view any details until you give them your credit card and pay up. They create a domain for your school without asking, presenting themselves as if the are the official site; "Home of the Panthers" in our case. They're also selling class clothing, some of which I'm fairly sure violates copyrights (My school, being the "Friday Night Lights" school has numerous protections in place that many schools do not). There's a chance they're working on your class too.

I wrote to ask them to stop presenting themselves as our class site last night and within minutes, I got this reply which speaks volumes:

Quote:

Are you some kind of an idiot? Fake website? Claim of official website for
the class? You should have your water supply checked because you suddenly
like to make things up from what I can tell. At any event you have wasted
our time with this nonsense and have earned yourself removal from the site.
Have a nice day.

Regards,
Dee Dee

Wow. A little Google time and I learned that others have received over-the-top rude replies.

Yes, they are the fake class website because they have no connection with us and we do not want them contacting us, even though they took on the domain of permianalumni.com. I looked them up on the Better Business Bureau and they currently have an unusual rating of "F". RipOffReport has one entry too.

I won't be replying, but I will warn my class and have turned them in to the school district.

Disclaimer: this in no way reflects the opinions or official communications of the wonderful people at ClassCreator who make it possible for the classmates to run their own sites.

Edited 11/05/09 8:14 AM
Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 8:03 AM - Response #1

Wow... Now that's Customer Service for ya... I think I'll leave it at that, thanks Tom.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.