ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Maiden Name is my email address

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/02/13 04:27 PM Views: 838 Replies: 8
Monday, September 2, 2013 at 4:27 PM

We have a new male member who somehow ended up with my email address in the "Maiden Name" field! Obviously, that field should be blank. Not sure how this happened but no matter how many times I try to delete it, my email address shows up again. I had to eliminate it somehow on the lists for the reunion so I inserted some other text in there temporarily. It should be blank, however. How do I fix this? or can you fix this? The classmate's name is "Gary Beerman". Thanks!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 1:51 PM - Response #1

You have access to this via the Manage Classmates > Enter / Edit Classmates > Details next to his name. I'm thinking that he used that field for a nickname.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 1:52 PM - Response #2

You have access to this via the Manage Classmates > Enter / Edit Classmates > Details next to his name. I'm thinking that he used that field for a nickname.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM - Response #3

I'm not sure I understand. I have tried many times to eliminate it completely but it always pops up again the next time I look at it. Is there something else I have to do to make it work? As I said, I am the one who typed "Simley" (that's the name of a school, not a nickname or a facial expression) into that field so that my email address would not show up on the list. This was not his doing but mine. There doesn't seem to be a way for me to blank out that field. What am I not getting?
Name again: Gary Beerman. Try deleting that maiden name entry altogether and I think you'll see what I mean.

Edited 09/03/13 3:17 PM
Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 3:26 PM - Response #4

I just removed Smiley. Please clear your cache and history. I think it was stuck in memory on your computer.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM - Response #5

No, you removed S I M L E Y, not "smiley"(as I said, a SCHOOL NAME not a facial expression), but thank you anyway!Very Happy

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 11:01 PM - Response #6

We have the same problem on our multi-year site when we edit a classmate. As soon as the profile opens, the "married" name field populates with one of our foundation member's email address. The only way to remove it (if you happen to see it) is to delete it, click out of the field and then save. Otherwise, it saves that email address as the married name and we don't know why. We'd appreciate any help on that too. Thanks.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM - Response #7

I'll look into seeing if there is a programming issue as to why this form field auto populates.

Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 3:45 PM - Response #8

Can you duplicate this issue in other browsers? You may need to check your browser auto fill settings and turn that feature off.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.