ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Email On Domain Name From China

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/21/18 12:10 AM Views: 12437 Replies: 5
Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 12:10 AM

I just received this email today.
Should I be alarmed? What should I do about it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subject:ahsreunion646566 CN domain and keyword
Reply to: adrian@chinaregistry.org.cn
To: webmaster@ahsreunion646566.org

(Please forward this to your CEO, because this is urgent. Thanks)

We are a Network Service Company which is the domain name registration center in Shanghai, China. On March 19, 2018, we received an application from Kaisu Ltd requested "ahsreunion646566" as their internet keyword and China (CN) domain names (ahsreunion646566.cn, ahsreunion646566.com.cn, ahsreunion646566.net.cn, ahsreunion646566.org.cn). But after checking it, we find this name conflict with your company name or trademark. In order to deal with this matter better, it's necessary to send email to you and confirm whether your company have affiliation with this Chinese company or not?

Best Regards,

Adrian Liu | Service & Operations Manager

China Registry (Head Office) | 6012, Xingdi Building, No. 1698 Yishan Road, Shanghai 201103, China

Tel: +86-02154290702 | Fax: +86-02154290703 | Mob: +86-13816428671

Email: adrian@chinaregistry.org.cn

Web: www.chinaregistry.org.cn

This email contains privileged and confidential information intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email and inform the sender immediately. We appreciate you respecting the confidentiality of this information by not disclosing or using the information in this email.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 11:01 AM - Response #1

Yes it is a scam and you can delete it. It is worth mentioning for those who are newer to our system that if you have registered your domain name with Classnames.net, you never need to worry about emails or snail mail regarding your domain name from anyone other than Classcreator.com or Classnames.net. We never send any snail mail. The ONLY other email you might receive that is legit comes from ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) who is a legit organization that verifies the contact information for registered domain names. If you ever receive any email that is questionable that you are not sure is junk, you can contact us and we will be happy to review the email with you.

------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------

THE FOLLOWING WAS COPIED FROM A SITE EXPLAINING THE SCAM ....

SCAM FROM CHINA REGISTRY, WHY IT’S STUPID AND YOU CAN IGNORE IT
03/08/2016 SIMONE RESCIO5 COMMENTS
You’re here for the same reason I had to google about them last week, this “Domain Registration Service company in China” thing that claims someone wants to register your keyword and your domain with chinese TLD, urging you to escalate with the CEO.

Why it’s stupid
I got one, and they want to use “simonerescio” as business keyword in China? Like for real? Who among their 1.5 billion citizens would look for such keyword and for what purpose?

Last but not least, “forward this to your CEO“? Who the hell might be the CEO of a blog that talks about me???

What to do
Nothing, just ignore them, if you try to engage and reply they’ll try to persuade you into buying those domains so that you don’t risk losing them, as some that tried reported on other websites that received this scam. There’s also a Wikipedia page for this type of scam, just let them go.

Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 2:22 AM - Response #2

And if your domain is registered elsewhere, pay for privacy protection. It is worth it.

Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 5:10 AM - Response #3

I figured it was bogus...but wanted to post it here in case other people get this email.
Gwen....If I remember right I do have my 'who is' protected and I have my domain name registered with classnames.net.
Scott....Thanx for the confirmation.

Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 1:53 AM - Response #4

I just received an email similar. Just deleted. We have to assumne that we are still doing business with Classnames.net. Until then, please don't sent any money to anyone else!!

Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 1:49 PM - Response #5

Yes, the vast majority of our customers are registered via Classnames.net. The best policy is to never make any changes or send money to anyone unless you are 100% certain on what you are doing. If there is any question, call me and I can look up your information and locate where it is registered, even if it is not with Classnames.net.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.