ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Playlist Auto Play on Startup - FIX

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/10/11 10:04 AM Views: 1458 Replies: 11
Friday, June 10, 2011 at 10:04 AM

I posted my complaint that Playlist Auto Start was removed on Playlist's Facebook page. I received a response from Rand Boland, I've modified his remarks to fix CC as follows:

Go to Edit Site Page, then the Home Page Edit, Open source code with its button and search for your Playlist HTML code on the notepad script.

We are looking for the script that reads " http://www.musicplaylist.us/mc/mp3player_new.swf?" (There are TWO sets in the whole so replace them both with the following)
Replace the "http://www.musicplaylist.us/mc/mp3player_new.swf?" with "http://www.he.playlist.com/players/893/mp3player.swf?" remember there are TWO sets of the no auto play code so replace them both.

Tested and it works perfectly.

Arnie

Friday, June 10, 2011 at 10:36 AM - Response #1

Thanks Arnie, it worked!

Friday, June 10, 2011 at 11:09 AM - Response #2

Thanks you Arnie, I just did it and its working great.

Friday, June 10, 2011 at 12:56 PM - Response #3

THANKS Arnie, I was furious when I noticed this. I had music on just about every page with auto start and on each deceased classmates page as well and that goes for a Family CC page too. Arrrrrrggggg!

Friday, June 10, 2011 at 3:02 PM - Response #4

Many, many kudos and thank yous for the work aroundVery Happy
A big phooey to Playlist for causing all this extra work we have to do to fix a "problem" they caused deliberately! Are they a secret branch of the government? Twisted Evil

Friday, June 10, 2011 at 7:56 PM - Response #5

Thanx for the fix!!! Wink

Friday, June 10, 2011 at 9:15 PM - Response #6

Thank you, thank you Arnie for finding an answer for this!

..um...Not to appear greedy... but I don't suppose there was any mention made of a way to get rid of the ads? Laughing

Saturday, June 11, 2011 at 11:34 AM - Response #7

Ruth Music wrote:

Thank you, thank you Arnie for finding an answer for this!

..um...Not to appear greedy... but I don't suppose there was any mention made of a way to get rid of the ads? Laughing

I kept wondering why I'm not seeing the ads that people complain about, then I realized I'm running the Adblock Plus Firefox add-on. This will block the ads from Playlist.com, but it's something controlled at the browser level and not the Playlist.com site. It's not the best answer, but it works.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 5:44 PM - Response #8

Isn't this the second change for playlist.com? I wonder if they are getting their bandwidth eaten up and re trying to cut back by eliminating autoplay??

Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 6:34 PM - Response #9

Thank you! It works great now.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 8:19 PM - Response #10

Robert Blum wrote:

Isn't this the second change for playlist.com? I wonder if they are getting their bandwidth eaten up and re trying to cut back by eliminating autoplay??

I originally thought so, too, Robert, but then I started analyzing the embed code to see if I could find the source of the playlist. If you look at it, you'll see something like:

"playlist_url=http://www.indimusic.us/loadplaylist.php?playlist=xxxxxxxx"

If you follow that url, you'll load an XML document in your browser that has all your playlist parameters. The ones that have show the source of the MP3 files. Those files are hosted on many different websites and not on Playlist.com. When you play the songs, you're actually pulling them from all over the internet.

That brings up the next idea that I have. Playlist's .SWF file is the player, and they have full control over it. You can actually use Class Creator's MP3 widget, load each MP3 URL located between the tags, and have control over your own player as an admin. You select your autostart preference, and no third party site can change it, because it's hosted on your class website. I tested it, and it works Idea

It's a manual method, but I wonder if we could turn it into a feature request for CC to import the XML automatically into the MP3 widget. This feature is available on the flashwidgetz.com player.

Brad, could this be done?

Edited 06/16/11 8:21 PM
Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 9:08 PM - Response #11

Why not support the XML playlist instead? That would result in TWO great benefits:

1. No need to chew up all your CC storage space. It would cut into money derived from selling space - but I think CC customers would be more than pleased by this goodwill resulting in way more pay back in positive statements = more customers.

2. No worry about copyright issues for you or for CC. That's why Playlist links keep getting deleted. But if they are stored on CC you are betting you won't get caught. Not a strategy I'd recommend.

Plus then it would open up the way to creating a playlist directly yourself just by entering URL links (vs having to upload).

ExclamationIdeaExclamationIdea

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.