ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

empty home page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/12/10 09:47 AM Views: 1288 Replies: 2
Friday, February 12, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Kyle,

I know the discussion goes on about differences in web browsers but I need to check again. I switched to Safari on my Mac because on Firefox, the page doesn't load all the way up--an apparent "blow-out", but it appears that even reducing the width on the large gifs or embeds doesn't change that. Now classmates are complaining and I don't know what to do next. Your advice please.

Thanks,
Donna

Friday, February 12, 2010 at 10:15 AM - Response #1

Donna,

Your "REGISTER AND PROFILE" announcement had an image that was too wide. I edited it and reduced the width.

HINT: To find out which announcement has the offending code, disable each announcement, then refresh the page in the browser with the problem. If the problem still exists, you can reactivate the announcement because the problem is in another announcement. When you deactivate an announcement and the problem goes away, you have found the announcement with the width that is too wide. Edit the announcement and then search for "width" and change any that are larger than 390 to 390. Reactivate the announcement.

Friday, February 12, 2010 at 10:23 AM - Response #2

Kyle,

Thank you! Wonderful that you could fix it--I had visions of red X's going through my head. Not really, but I'd looked at all the gifs and thought they were OK so was expecting worse. Do you know which one was the culprit? I need to get some basic html skills on the site that was recommended.

I like your suggestion to deactivate announcements as a way of locating problem areas. Thank you again!

Donna

Edited 02/12/10 10:25 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.