ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Multiple PayPal Accounts

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/26/15 11:11 AM Views: 1589 Replies: 8
Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 11:11 AM

Can I setup a different PayPal account for each of the Event Planner, Product Manager, and Donation Manager?

Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 11:33 AM - Response #1

Not currently, however this is being discussed for possible future implementation.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 12:26 PM - Response #2

OK; thanks.

BTW, there is one little bug you may want to fix in the Donation Manager section of the Event Planner. The text looks like a copy/paste error from the Product Manager section.

The Donation Manager text says, "For example, if your event is a golf outing, you might consider selling golf balls to your registrants."

Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 1:37 PM - Response #3

Thank you for pointing that out.

Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 8:25 PM - Response #4
Payment & Donations Received 2015 SAMPLE.xlsx

While I'm waiting for Event Planner to be finalized, I'm using a spreadsheet to track registrations and donations. See if this form is helpful for you.

I'm also printing off each person's order form and putting them in a binder in alphabetical order as a back-up.

Edited 02/28/15 8:29 PM
Friday, May 1, 2015 at 8:30 AM - Response #5

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Not currently, however this is being discussed for possible future implementation.

Just to confirm, are you ALSO saying that it is not yet possible to have more than one Paypal account associated with our site? (We are multi-year, and would prefer that each class year handle their own finances... please tell me this is--or soon will be--possible!) Exclamation

Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 5:01 PM - Response #6

Not available but still being discussed.

Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 6:38 PM - Response #7

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Not available but still being discussed.

Thank you, Scott. I'm hoping for a more full answer to this question. Do you mean "being discussed" in the sense that this MIGHT NOT even BE an option in the future, or "being discussed" meaning it IS in the plan, but the design specifics are still getting ironed out?

In either case, I would be a lot happier if--in the interim--CC had not removed the ACH functionality that was already available in the previous reunion planner. I'm really not trying to be difficult, but I'm concerned...

Alumni associations (multi-year sites) typically have several class years simultaneously planning milestone reunions each year, in addition to various random events at any given time. That can add up to a LOT of volunteering time for very active alumni associations.

We need to be able to split up the duties--by class year, preferably. It isn't appropriate to lay the entire burden and financial responsibility on one or two individuals in charge of a single bank account, managing (possibly several) hundreds of transactions. And it's not like we can give authorized access to a rep from every class year, either... 20+ people accessing our bank account/Paypal account, etc... Rolling Eyes

Ultimately, we will figure out our own way to navigate this issue, but I hope CC considers my strong feedback on this topic.

I respectfully welcome other multi-year admins' feedback, also--particularly if it differs from mine. How do each of YOU handle this challenge?

Thanks,
Terry

Friday, May 8, 2015 at 1:54 PM - Response #8

Thank you Terry. We understand your concerns and appreciate your suggestions.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.