ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

resizinbg email images

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/05/17 11:52 AM Views: 1023 Replies: 4
Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 11:52 AM
letter pic 2.JPG

I regularly either clip or save images from obituaries and insert them into emails notices we saent out. After years of no problems, I now have sizing problems. I upload the images to a width of 150 and insert them into the page. They look correct in the email editor, and they look fine in gmail, but they blow up when i open them in Outlook. See attached pic of an email i edited and then the result that came into Outlook. I have even tried to resize the pics by editing emiage properties, but it does not help.

The attached image was set to width =135 and, as you can se it is huge.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 12:45 PM - Response #1

It might be that Outlook is ignoring the inline style of style="width: 150px; height: 221px;"

You might be able to get around that problem by putting the image inside of a table, then setting the height/width of the table so that the image can't be bigger than the table. I haven't tried it, but it might work.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 3:14 PM - Response #2

We had a similar problem a few years ago.
I now copy the obit from the newspaper on-line, past it into a MS Word document, and save it as a Text.
I then copy and paste, and so far, no issues.

Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 12:33 PM - Response #3

Steve, when I go to save a file in .txt format it tells me that all pictures will be lost. Do you have pictures in the obits that you save to text?

I also have the same problem with Outlook not sizing pictures according to the image size in the email setup. I don't think this happened in the past so maybe Microsoft has updated something that changed this so that it doesn't recognize the style width anymore.

Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 1:40 PM - Response #4

TXT format does not support any html at all, including images. All you'll get by doing that is plain text.

To send an image that works anywhere, resize the image in an image editor and send that resized image instead. This avoids having to have any sort of "style" resizing. However, it sounds like a bug in Outlook - assuming that everything is as it's been described.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.