ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Administrator privileges for Notify Me?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/31/20 06:30 PM Views: 231 Replies: 5
Monday, August 31, 2020 at 6:30 PM

Is there any way for administrators to edit a specific classmate's "Notify Me" preferences?

It appears this option is only available to the individual classmate but I'd like confirmation. I've had some classmates ask me to make changes for them.

What are the default Notify Me preference settings?

Thanks.

Edited 08/31/20 6:49 PM
Monday, August 31, 2020 at 9:21 PM - Response #1

I'm quite certain only a classmate can edit his/her Notify Me preferences, by clicking on Notify Me under Member Functions.

Can't help you with the default Notify Me preference settings, as I've adjusted mine from their default settings and don't remember the default settings.

You could create a test member called John Doe or Jane Doe and see what the default settings are.

Edited 09/01/20 2:55 AM
Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 11:05 AM - Response #2

Scott is correct. The classmate needs to log in and go to notify me under their member functions. You could provide them with further instructions on how to do so, but they need to do it.

Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 12:21 AM - Response #3
2020 08 21 Notify Me.jpg

Hi Scott M! I believe we discussed this long ago. It is a tough one.

I've had members ask to be deleted from sites due to all the notifications they receive via email. I have asked them to make changes to their Notify Me and received the 'delete me' again. I thought of hiding them from the class list yet that does not stop the emails. Deleting a member of a class or school alumni site is hard for me to do over emails.

I know it is not easy getting members to update Notify Me. It may be the most difficult thing I've tried. Recently, I added a couple of screenshots when asking them to do this. The first is where to find their Notify Me and then the actual page, which I share here. The gold star is the one item I ask them to mark "Immediately".

Edited 09/06/20 12:23 AM
Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 2:49 AM - Response #4

Gwen, As a last resort, for those who wish to have their profile deleted, have you contacted them by phone? If they'd be willing to have their computer on when you called them, you could walk them through the Notify Me settings and they could make their choices of Immediate, Once Daily, or Never on the first twelve lines, and Immediate or Never on "An administrator sends an email to all Classmates."

If they still wanted to be deleted, you could then feel you'd done everything in your power to keep them registered.

Edited 09/06/20 3:17 AM
Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 11:37 AM - Response #5

We are able to override for individuals so you won't have to remove them if you send us a first initial and last name of the individual as well as the site name if you have multiple sites. If you send us a contact form you can list their email just don't list their email in the forums please.

If you have us override we need to know if there are any emails they still want to receive or if they want no emails.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.