ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Home Page Slow Down

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/03/10 12:44 AM Views: 1514 Replies: 3
Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 12:44 AM

I just activated an Announcement on the Home Page that has falling items in it, and now everything on my Home Page is opening extremely slowly if at all. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would take a look and see if maybe I just have too much stuff on the page, or if I have somehow done something else that has it dragging. Thank you, Edd

Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 1:01 AM - Response #1

More often than not 3 things can impact what you're seeing:

1) Your connection speed
2) Your computer's processing speed (mhz)
3) How much RAM you have

How old your OS is and what browser you're using can also have some minor impact. In general you want to keep the number of third party plugins, slideshows, videos etc. to a reasonable number.

For me your page loads just fine, but the factors above can definitely impact you and your members. If you turn off the falling objects on your home page and it loads faster for you again, I'd leave it off. That particular object may be a drain, I'm not familiar with it so I really don't know, but it's a good bet if that alone is slowing things down you should turn it off.

Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 1:59 AM - Response #2

Are you keeping track of all the beers, whatever, that you are owed for making the construction of these websites, so darn much fun. It's kind of like everyone wants to have this great big Thank You Brad, party. I think you should just name a time and place and then say, if you can't make it, just send me a check for what you think you owe me. I would have to send it in installments. Thanks again for your quick response and gratious help. Edd

Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 7:17 AM - Response #3

Heh, thank you Edd. Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.