ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Side Panel - New Flashing

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/28/09 10:00 AM Views: 1461 Replies: 3
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Is there anyway to have the names on the side panel to "light up or flash" when they have been changed?

As we approach our reunion date, it would be nice to have sometihng point to a sub-seciton, to say "new information, please look here" or maybe just adding a smiling face? Very Happy

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 10:25 AM - Response #1

The ideas about creating links at the top of the home page to new and/or important content worked for us. This is on another forum (can't remember). Anyway, you can add text (e.g.,"Take a look at our new reunion planning page") and then make it a link to the place you want to go. The link is visible at the bottom left of your screen when you mouse over the desired page.

Edited 07/28/09 10:26 AM
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 12:20 PM - Response #2

Steve,

You can't make your navigational links flash or anything along those lines, but the thread referenced above is here. There's some great tips here for guiding people to the areas of the site you want them to see.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 12:28 PM - Response #3

You CAN make the side panel links ITALIC by insert the proper HTML codes to italicise them ( and around the text). If you view my home page, I have the "Homework" link in italic text.

Oops, I guess my "Homework" is a SURVEY, but the same concept applies.

Edited 07/28/09 12:29 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.