ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Notify Flag Off

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/21/17 02:59 PM Views: 868 Replies: 7
Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 2:59 PM

I have 3 classmates that when looking at the profile list are not registered yet when I try to send a message to classmates (registered and not registered) they show up on the classmates listed with a 'Notify Flag off" behind their name and I can not check the box to send to them. I looked at their profile and details and cannot see where to correct this Notify situation. I cannot send to them and as they have not registered and input a phone number I cannot call them and perhaps have them correct this. How do I correct this situation?

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 3:22 PM - Response #1

You cannot correct this. This setting is found in their own Notify Me settings and they would need to toggle that they want to accept emails from the administrator.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 4:30 PM - Response #2

Are you able to to change this notification and not be registered? These 3 people are not showing as registered. Eg no check mark no last logged in date etc

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 4:54 PM - Response #3

No. They would have to be registered.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 5:17 PM - Response #4

So non of the 3 have a green checkmark beside their name in the profiles tab listing Also when I go into manage classmates the list does not show a last log entry It's blank. Does this not mean they are not registered?
I'm preparing e-mail to everyone and in doing this you see a list of all the possible recipients and you make sure you have the box checked against those that you wan to receive the email. However these people I cannot check the box and all 3 have entered after their name "Notify Flag Off" So I am confused how could they set notifications off and yet not appear to be registered?

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 1:08 PM - Response #5

If they do not have a last logged in date, they have never been registered.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 8:50 PM - Response #6

Scott,
As I recall, the default for the "Admin sends an email..." option is (or at least was) set to "Immediate". How would that get turned off for a non-registered classmate?

Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 4:18 PM - Response #7

After discussing on the phone with Scott, Scott found the answer. When you send out an email via the site, which I did to invite classmates to join/register, at the bottom of the email is a link to unsubscribe. IF the classmate clicks this link the system sets "Notify Flag Off" and as an admin you cannot undo the election or send e-mails to this person via the site. So the classmate is not registered and cannot be contacted via the site. What I was able to do was to send the individuals an email via my personal email and ask them to clarify if they really intended to set their notifications such that we would never communicate with them again regarding Reunions or anything else. Alternately if this is not what they wished then to let me know and I would send them information on how to register on the site so that communications could continue. Scott advised if they join/register on the site then notifications against their registration would return to the default and the classmate could then set them exactly as they wanted.

I hope this clarified things for anyone following this post

Many thanks to Scott for getting to the bottom of this problem.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.